Vegetable Farm Worker – Cucumbers, Tomatoes
Big Marble Farms Inc. based in Medicine Hat, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Vegetable Farm Worker. Big Marble Farms Inc. is known as the home to irresistible, vine-ripened tomatoes, cool, crisp cucumbers, and the sweetest pepper varieties raised in Canada. We are known as a sustainable highly efficient greenhouse farm. We are well-known for protected agriculture” or “hothouse production”. We are known as local pride. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: Big Marble Farms Inc
Position: Vegetable Farm Worker
No of Vacancies: 100
Salary: $16.52 per hour for 35 to 50 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 12118 Range Road 63, Medicine Hat, AB T1A 7H3
Shifts: Day, Weekend, Early Morning, Morning
Work Site Environment: Odours, Hot, Non-smoking
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset, training will be provided
Type of Product: Vegetables
Type of Crops: Cucumbers, Tomatoes
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads and pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination and work for overtime hours
- The candidate should be physically demanding and a combination of standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be able to perform tasks such as Cleaning crop, Clipping, Deleafing, Greenhouse cleaning, Hand harvesting vegetables, Lowering, Shoot positioning, Vertical farming system and Weeding
- The candidate should be able to maintain and manage growth of vines, vine canopy and grapes also write daily basic progress reports
- The candidate should be able to sort and pack fruits and vegetables also report signs of insect or disease damage
- The candidate should be able to mix and prepare soils also load, unload and transfer crates, supplies and farm produce, livestock and poultry
- The candidate should be able to clean work area
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!