Milner Group Ventures, Inc based in Nanaimo, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Excavator operator. Milner Group is a small company with big ambitions, a dedicated team, and a lot of equipment. We are a family-owned and operated business that is dedicated to providing you with the best service possible. We are dedicated to serving and accommodating you in order to ensure your complete satisfaction with the services we provide. Our employees are pleasant, and our trucks arrive on time. In addition to offering a wide range of high-quality landscaping materials. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full-time or permanent employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are Day.
Employer Name: Milner Group Ventures, Inc
Position: Excavator operator
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $30.00 to $34.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Nanaimo, BC
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates must have 2 years to less than 3 years of experience.
Area of Work Experience: Sub-grade excavating, Sloping and banking, Rough grading, Excavation, Ditching, Backfilling
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.): Ground Disturbance – Level 1 program
Type of Heavy Equipment Operated: Backhoe excavator, loader
Type of Industry Experience: Residential construction
Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots, Hard hat, Safety glasses/goggles, safety vest
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Hot
Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation, Valid driver’s license
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to do physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to do attention to detail.
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be reliable
- The candidate should be able to operate two-way radios and other communication equipment
- The candidate should be able to operate heavy equipment
- The candidate should be able to conduct pre-operational checks on equipment
- The candidate should be able to clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks
- The candidate should be able to know john Deere controls
- The employees get a health care plan
- The employees get a dental plan
- The employees get a vision care benefits
- The employees get free parking available
Milner Group is an amalgamation of two Nanaimo-based companies with a rich history of providing value to the community. Milner Trucking & Excavating first commenced business in 1972 in the Nanaimo area. Pacific Coast Waste Management started out as a small wood recycling operation that has grown to save thousands of tonnes of recyclable material from entering the landfill. The two companies unified in 2012 to become Milner Group and PCWM was renamed Milner Recycling shortly thereafter. As the company developed, its service offering grew to include civil contracting, residential and commercial development, general excavation, municipal road building, highways infrastructure, logging, and wood waste recycling. Milner continues to provide these services, as well as trucking, gravel quarrying, demolition, and hazardous materials abatement, hauling, and disposal services for residential and commercial waste to a diverse range of clients in the Mid-Island area.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email or In-person (along with your resume and be prepared for the screening questions) through below mentioned details.
2240 Jeffs Road
V9S 5P7 Between 10:00 AM and 04:00 PM
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!