PARTAB FARM AND NURSARY LTD based in Pitt Meadows, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Farm worker. PARTAB FARM AND NURSARY LTD is a local garden centre striving to accomplish beyond our customers expectations. Our business is focused on a community-driven initiative. We have many years of experience in this industry and are well-known in the community. We are known to provide satisfaction to our customers, that they don’t have to go to any one else after getting the best services from us. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: PARTAB FARM AND NURSARY LTD
Position: Farm worker
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $16.00 hourly for 50 to 70 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Pitt Meadows, BC
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning and Morning, 07:00 to 17:30
Work Setting: Urban area and rural area
Work site environment: Candidates should work in fruit and vegetable combination farming and outdoors
Security and safety: Driving record should checked (abstract) and Criminal record should checked
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset.
Type of crops: Bell peppers, Blueberries, Raspberries, Strawberries and Zucchinis
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced environment, work under pressure, perform repetitive tasks, handle heavy loads, pay attention to detail, able to distinguish between colours, stand for extended periods, Walk and also for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be physically strong and also a combination of sitting, standing, walking
- The candidate should have 20/20 vision
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have experience of equipment and machinery like Farm truck, fertilizer applicator, fruit harvester, planting equipment, sprayer or duster and tractor
- The candidate should have experience of automated systems like Automated irrigation system
- The candidate should be able to Budding trees, Clipping, Greenhouse cleaning, Hand harvesting vegetables, Mixing fertilizer, Weeding, Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment and Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- The candidate should be able to Cleaning crop, Fertilize and spray crops and also Harvest crops
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can apply now directly to the employer by sending an email (along with resume and cover letter) to the below-mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!