Z.R. Tool Inc. based in Newmarket, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Machinist apprentice. Z.R. Tool Inc. designs and manufacture the highest quality industrial strapping tools, strapping machines, strapping heads, and replacement parts. Variations of our steel strapping machines and strapping tools include manual sealless tools, pneumatic sealless tools, and custom made replacement parts for any strapping machines or strapping tools. We are highly focused on achieving excellent performance and delivering quality work at competitive rates, while also exceeding our clients expectations on every level. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Z.R. Tool Inc.
Position: Machinist apprentice
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $22.50 to $24.50 hourly (to be negotiated) 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: Newmarket, ON
Shifts: Day, 07:30 to 17:30
Transportation information: The candidates should have own transport
Work setting: general manufacturing
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Asset languages: Cantonese
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as trades certificate or diploma or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Credentials: Level one apprenticeship training
Measuring tools: Micrometers, Callipers, Gauges, Verniers
Equipment and machinery experience: Broaching machine, Conventional, Drill presses, Engine lathes, Milling machines, Sawing machine, Surface grinders
Own tools/equipment: Tools, Steel-toed safety boots, Safety glasses/goggles, Gloves
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to stand for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to handle weight up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- The candidate should be accurate, dependable, initiative, flexible, and be able to work as a team player
- The candidates should be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables, set up and adjust production machineries/tools
- The candidates should be able to fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance, maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports
- The candidates should be able to verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- The candidates should be able to set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- The candidates should be able to verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- The candidates will get dental plan, health care plan, and disability benefits
- The candidates will get group insurance benefits, life insurance benefits, and free parking
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, Copy of latest school transcript, Highest level of education, and name of institution where it was completed) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answer the following questions while applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!