Registered early childhood educator (RECE)
Palace Childcare LTD based in Napanee, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Registered early childhood educator (RECE). Palace Childcare Center is an inclusive childcare facility welcoming children from ages newborn to 12 years. We welcome a range of experienced staff to our center from working in home childcare settings, schools, childcare centers, child development programs and being experienced parents themselves. We have staff that are highly qualified professionals with their license in Early Childhood Education and/or other related training. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: Palace Childcare LTD
Position: Registered early childhood educator (RECE)
No of Vacancies: 5
Salary: $15.50 to $19.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: 824 Palace Road suite 8 Napanee, ON K7R 3K9
Shifts: Day, Evening, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
Work Setting: Child care centre
Work site environment: Non-smoking
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: The candidate should have minimum qualification of College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year or equivalent experience.
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset.
Supervision: 5-10 people
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Member of the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE), First Aid Certificate, CPR Certificate
Experience with special needs children: Children with behavioural issues, Children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or attention deficit disorder (ADD)
Security and safety: Criminal record check, Immunization records, Vulnerable sector check
Transportation/travel information: Own transportation
- The candidate should be physically demanding and pay attention to detail.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work in bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children, storytelling, support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children.
- The candidate should be able to assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records, engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts, provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity, guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits.
- The candidate should maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties, prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods, observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor.
- The candidate should discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings, knowledge of licensing regulations, assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members.
- The candidate should attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children, establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children, plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children, plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours, supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants.
- The employees get health benefits such as Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Vision care benefits.
- The employees get financial benefits such as per bonus.
- The employees get long term benefits such as Group insurance benefits.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Job reference number, Cover letter, and References attesting experience) through below mentioned details.
Include this reference number in your application
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!