Canada Border Services Agency – Central Alberta District based in Calgary International Airport (Alberta) is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Administrative Positions. The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is known as a complex and highly operational 24/7 organization which provides clearance, control and examination services for travellers, importers and exporters, at close to 1,200 service points, including land border offices, international mail processing centres, airports, sufferance warehouses, and a number of other service locations. We are working at modernizing the management and organizational structures to better guide and support how its frontline staff deliver services. Our changes include a wide-ranging set of initiatives. In all, we work to provide the different required clearance services, with guidance, for different people for people all over Canada. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or casual/temporary employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are yet to be determined. The candidates are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As the positions will become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment. The application in this inventory will be active for 3 months. A notice that the application is about to expire will be posted to the My jobs menu of your account 10 days before the end of the active period. The position is surrounded by commercial offices only. These positions will be for various clerical and administrative (CR-04) duties within the District.
Employer Name: Canada Border Services Agency – Central Alberta District
Position: Administrative Officers
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $50,821 to $54,857 per year
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Calgary International Airport (Alberta)
Shifts: To be determined
Reference number: BSF22J-016272-003382
Selection process number: 2022-EA-PRA-CR_04-698
Closing date: 31 December 2022
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a two years of secondary school requirement.
Candidates must have a satisfactory score on the Public Service Commission test approved as an alternative to two years of secondary school or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience. The candidate meeting the above criteria should meet the below criteria such as a satisfactory score on the Public Service Commission test approved as an alternative to two years of secondary school or who have been appointed or deployed for an indeterminate period to a position in the CR classification or the opportunity to be assessed by at least one of the two employer-approved alternatives must be offered to candidates who have not previously met the two years of secondary school requirement
Experience: Candidates need experience in providing administrative support services in an office environment. (e.g. purchasing office supplies, receiving goods, entering data, managing correspondence, archiving documents, etc.). Candidates need experience in providing client service to the public as well as internal clients.
- The candidate should have the ability to lift or carry up to 25 kg
- The candidate should be able to clear reliability status or secret security clearance
- The candidates should be fully vaccinated against COVID 19.
- The candidate should have possession and maintain a valid driver’s license (or personal mobility usually associated with having a driver’s license).
- The candidate should be willing to operate a government vehicle.
- The candidate should be willing to undertake job-related travel with advance notice.
- The candidate should be willing to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends.
- The candidate should be willing to work overtime as required, which may include weekends and statutory holidays.
- The candidate must be available on the internet for the updates and reply to queries
- The candidate must be able to provide proof of his/her educational qualifications
To be determined
- The employees get to work in an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process.
- The employees get to work in a learning environment
- The employees get to be a part of the skilled and diverse workforce
- The employees get to work remotely, in a safe environment due to COVID.
- The employees get a great work environment
- The employees get employment equity
- The employees get various paid leave benefits
- The employees get Personal Record Identifiers (PRI) included in their application.
Working for years, The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is located in seven Regions and the National Capital Region (NCR) with 75% of its employees located outside the NCR. The company is known to move forward to foster continued thinking around the way it works, increase innovation, broadly employ more efficient and effective working methods in terms of its business delivery model and optimize decision-making.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by using an online method (along with your resume, supporting details, references and being prepared for the screening questions) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!