Government of Yukon, department of Highways and Public Works – Transportation Aviation Maintenance is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Airport Equipment Operator. Government of Yukon is a beacon of compassion and support for the residents of Canada’s breathtaking Yukon territory. The department’s tireless efforts encompass a wide range of vital services, including healthcare delivery, health promotion, social programs, and community development initiatives. Candidates who are passionate to kick-start their career in the esteemed Government of Yukon’s Department of Health & Social Services will find an extraordinary opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of individuals and communities. The candidates selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Government of Yukon
Position: Airport Equipment Operator
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $38.53 hourly
Employment Type: Full-time – Permanent
Department: Highways and Public Works – Transportation Aviation Maintenance
Days Off: As Per Rotation
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: The candidates should have experience operating a wide variety of heavy equipment, including dump trucks and loaders
Conditions of Employment: Valid Yukon Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement, Transport Canada Transportation Security Clearance (within 3 months), Restricted Radio Operator’s License (within 1 month), Airside Vehicle Operator’s Permit (within 1 month) and certification on airport heavy equipment (as needed for position within 6 months).
- The candidates should have experience performing minor mechanical maintenance tasks, such as oil changes and grease fittings
- The candidates should have experience performing winter surface maintenance, preferably including the use of a snow blower and sweeper attachment
- The candidates should possess a valid Class 3 Driver’s License with air endorsement upon hire, and a Class 1 Driver’s License would be considered an asset
- The candidates should have completed an accredited heavy equipment operator course, which would be considered an asset
- The candidates should demonstrate a commitment to working safely in an environment that promotes respect, dependability, and reliability
- The candidates should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The candidates should be adaptable to changing priorities
- The candidates should demonstrate initiative and self-motivation
- The candidates should be able to operate heavy equipment to remove snow, water, ice, and other contaminants from all airport airside/ground side surfaces while maintaining the safety of aircraft and passengers
- The candidates should be able to maintain airside/ground side areas using hand shovels, mower equipment, and other light equipment to ensure the safety of aircraft and passengers
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through the below-mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!