Private Home based in Calgary, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Attendant for persons with disabilities – home care. Private Home provider of luxury residential properties and exceptional living experiences. With a focus on quality, craftsmanship, and attention to detail, we have established a reputation for offering top-tier homes that embody elegance, comfort, and sophistication. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Private Home
Position: Attendant for persons with disabilities – home care
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $18.00 to $18.25 hourly (to be negotiated) 40 to 44 hours per week
Employment Type: Term or contract Full time
Location: Calgary, AB
Transportation information: Public transportation is available, Willing to travel
Work setting: Work in employer’s/client’s home, Urban area, Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis.
Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 1 to less than 2 years’
Credentials: First Aid Certificate, CPR Certificate
Security and safety: Reference required, Tuberculosis test, Medical exam, Immunization records, Drug test, Criminal record check, Bondable, Adult Abuse Registry check
Target audience: Persons with physical disabilities, Person with a disability, Females
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be willing to for overtime
- The candidates should be able to work in non-smoking area
- The candidate should be punctual, client focus, dependable, organized, initiative, flexible, reliable, and judgmental
- The candidates should have excellent oral communication, efficient interpersonal skills, and be able to work as a team player
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen or temporary or permanent resident of Canada
- Candidate must have legal authorized (Work Permit) to work in Canada
- If Candidates are unable to fulfill above mentioned requirements, don’t apply for the position
- The candidates should be able to care for pets, administer medications
- The candidates should be able to assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene, assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- The candidates should be able to assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder), launder clothing and household linens
- The candidates should be able to mend clothing and linens, perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- The candidates should be able to provide companionship, provide personal care
- The candidates should be able to prepare and serve nutritious meals
- The candidates should be able to provide nursing care
- The candidates will get free parking
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume, highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed, proof of the requested certifications, letter of recommendation, references attesting experience, and cover letter) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answering the following questions while applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!