Martino Brothers Collison based in York, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Auto body worker. Martino Brothers Collison have been serving the greater Toronto area for all its auto body repair needs since 1955. We pride ourselves on providing the highest level of customer service and treating your vehicle as if it’s one of our own. Our repairs are carried out by highly skilled and trained technicians using modern equipment and materials so that you can get back on the road safely. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Martino Brothers Collison
Position: Auto body worker
No of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 hourly for 30 to 45 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Job Type: Green job (Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes, involves supporting green economy sectors and requires specialized environmental skills or knowledge)
Location: 3379 dundas St W, York, ON, M6S 2R9
Shifts: Day, Weekend, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning and Morning
Work setting: In shop
Work site environment: Candidates should work in dusty, noisy and odours
Security and safety: Driving record should checked (abstract)
Transportation/travel information: Own transportation required, own vehicle required and valid driver’s licence required
Own tools/equipment: Candidates should have tools
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Candidates must have Motor Vehicle Body Repairer Trade Certification, Motor Vehicle Body Repairer Red Seal Endorsement and Auto Body Repairer Trade Certification
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced environment, pay attention to detail and also for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client, in a flexible environment and also take initiative
- The candidate should be someone who can judge, dependable, reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have accuracy
- The candidate should have working experience of body components, doors and frame, frame straightening, front end components, interior components, metal cutting, underbody components, uni body machine and also welding
- The candidate should be able to review damage report and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed, clean and maintain work space, replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components, inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling and also operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams
- The candidate should be able to file, grind and sand body surfaces to be repaired, hammer out dents, buckles and defects using blocks and hammers and also straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment
- The candidate should be able to remove damaged fenders, panels and grills and bolt or weld replacement parts into place, repair or replace interior components and also repair or replace damaged windows, windshields and sunroofs
- The employees get dental plan, disability benefits, health care plan, paramedical services coverage and vision care benefits
- The employees get bonus, commission and piece work
- The employees get group insurance benefits and other benefits
- The employees get free parking availability, learning/training paid by employer, on-site amenities, team building opportunities, parking availability and variable or compressed work week
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, References attesting experience, and Letter of recommendation) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!