Edmonton Frame and Suspension (2000) Ltd. based in Edmonton, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Autobody technician. Edmonton Frame and Suspension (2000) Ltd. has provided vehicle owners all over Edmonton, Alberta, with the reliable and dependable auto care. We want our customers to drive with confidence, and we work hard to keep your vehicle running smoothly. We are committed to our customers and the longevity of your vehicle. We do the hard work necessary to help you achieve the success you want and you can trust that we will never take shortcuts. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: Edmonton Frame and Suspension (2000) Ltd.
Position: Autobody technician
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $21.50 to $39.00 hourly for 70 to 90 hours bi-weekly
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: 12518 126 Street Edmonton, AB T5L 0X3
Shifts: Day, Evening, Overtime, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning, Morning
Work Setting: In shop
Work site environment: Dusty, Noisy, Odours
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates should have standard educational qualification such as registered Apprenticeship certificate or equivalent experience.
Experience: The candidate should have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a related industry.
Area of work experience: Body components, Doors and frame, Frame straightening, Front end components, Interior components, Metal cutting, Paint spraying, Underbody components, Uni body machine, Welding
Security and safety: Driving record check (abstract), Criminal record check
Transportation/travel information: Own transportation, Own vehicle, Valid driver’s licence
Own tools/equipment: Tools, Steel-toed safety boots, Mask
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and pay attention to detail.
- The candidate should be physically demanding.
- The candidate should be willing to work in bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication and excellent written communication skills.
- The candidate should be accurate, initiative, judgemental and focused on client.
- The candidate should be efficient and a good team player.
- The candidate should review damage report and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed, replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components, file, grind and sand body surfaces to be repaired.
- The candidate should be able to mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting, hammer out dents, buckles and defects using blocks and hammers, remove damaged fenders, panels and grills and bolt or weld replacement parts into place.
- The candidate should be able to apply primers and repaint surfaces, repair or replace interior components, repair or replace damaged windows, windshields and sunroofs, inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling, mix paint, blend and match colors.
- The candidate should operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams, straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment.
- The employees get Financial benefits such as Bonus and Piece work.
- The employees get other benefits such as Free parking, Learning/training paid by employer, Team building opportunities.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Job reference number, Cover letter, References attesting experience, and Proof of the requested certifications) through below mentioned details.
12518 126 Street
T5L 0X3 Between 09:00 AM and 05:00 PM
12518 126 Street
Include this reference number in your application
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!