BC Hydro which was created in 1961 under the BC Hydro Act under the Premier A. W. C. Benetton. BC Hydro has been one of the largest power suppliers in British Columbia. BC Hydro produces most of British Columbia’s electricity. BC Hydro is one of the hydroelectric power stations in Canada. Hydroelectric power stations are
the most effective means of generating electricity.
BC Hydro operates 32 other power stations across Columbia. BC Hydro is owned by the Province of British Columbia.
Who would not want to work in such a large utility for power generation!! Now, let us study more about the different opportunities at BC Hydro Jobs.
BC Hydro Jobs
Employer Name: BC Hydro
No. of vacancies: 1200
Salary: $760.00 – $6200.00 per month
Employment Type: Full time
Why should you want for BC Hydro Jobs?
BC Hydro Jobs provides encouragement to its employees to reach their highest potential by:
- Comprehensive leadership programs
- Inhouse training and accreditation programs
- Rotations, job shadowing
- Career and succession planning etc.
There are a number of apprenticeship programs and technical trainee programs for students as well. BC Hydro has ranked as one of British Columbia’s Top Employers and also as one of the Best Diversity Employers.
What benefits do employees get from BC Hydro Jobs?
There are several benefits offered to the employees at BC Hydro Jobs. A few of them are namely:
- Physical/Mental Wellbeing.
- Dental Wellbeing
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement benefits.
- On-site fitness facilities
- Family Assistance Program.
- Time off programs to support work/life balance etc.
What are the job opportunities at BC Hydro Jobs?
Public Affairs Analyst:
The responsibilities of a Public Affairs analyst at BC Hydro Jobs include:
- Analysis of public and other events.
- Writing communication materials and producing them.
- Organizing and coordinating strategies, tactics and presentations for public meetings
- Conducting market research and analyzing factors affecting public opinions and moods etc.
Design Drafter – Civil and Structural:
The roles of a Design Drafter include:
- Performing several technical engineering design functions by studying, discussing and clarifying assignments with the project team.
- Selects and prepares engineering drawings in detail and related documentation.
- Producing or revising several civil and structural drawings using computer assisted drafting applications or by hand etc.
IT Compliance Analyst :
The roles of an IT Compliance Analyst include:
- Overseeing the review of compliance workflows to ensure the adherence to timelines and established procedures.
- Identifying, developing and implementing new or revised compliance procedures.
- Coordinating the access management review procedure.
- Coordinating the external vendor TCA authorization process for usage and security controls of devices etc.
Critical Infrastructure Protection Specialist:
- Managing and providing support to internal stakeholders for successful implementation and sustainment of compliance with Mandatory Reliability Standards(MRS).
- Maintaining expertise and knowledge with MRS broadly and Critical Infrastructure Protection(CIP) specifically by building strong relations with other utilities.
Indigeneous Relations Coordinator:
- Leading, executing and documenting consultation with the First Nations relating to BC Hydro’s operational procedures and programs.
- Initiating contacts with first nations.
- Eliciting feedbacks from the First Nations on the potential and nature of program impacts
- Engaging with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders to determine means of solving problems and addressing conflicts etc.
There are several other opportunities provided by BC Hydro Jobs currently. We have listed a few of them. Start applying through the Canadian Job bank to learn more about other opportunities provided at BC Hydro Jobs.
Latest Vacancy at BC Hydro Career
|Senior Engineer||View & Apply|
|Project Manager - Safety Training Lead (Surrey)||View & Apply|
|Engineering Division Manager-DISTRIBUTION STANDARDS||View & Apply|
|Project Manager 1 ( 3 positions available)||View & Apply|
|Senior Manager, Indigenous Relations||View & Apply|
|Indigenous Relations Specialist - Project Manager 2||View & Apply|
|Team Lead Indigenous Employment Training||View & Apply|
|Operations, Programs and Projects Team Lead||View & Apply|
|Engineering Division Manager-Generating Stations Asset Planning||View & Apply|
|Recruitment Partner||View & Apply|
|IT Advisor, ServiceNow Technical Support||View & Apply|
|Apprentice Electrician||View & Apply|
|Coatings Specialist Powertech||View & Apply|
|Indigenous Professionals in Development (12 month FTT)||View & Apply|
Why should you apply through the Canadian Job bank?
Canadian Job Bank makes it easier for you to find a job at BC Hydro Jobs as the job portal is known to be the leading source for the latest labor market trends. The Canadian Job bank helps the job seekers find a suitable job and plan their careers. The job bank also helps the Canadian Employers find the right candidates for their jobs. It will be easier to apply for BC Hydro Jobs through the Canadian Job Bank rather than applying directly all by yourself. Start applying now through the job bank. All the best!
BC Hydro is one of the largest power generating utilities in Canada. It is owned by the government of British Columbia and the people of British Columbia. The energy supplier provides clean electricity to 4 million customers. BC Hydro Jobs has a diverse workforce which helps you become a better working self day by day. BC Hydro Jobs has ranked as one of British Columbia’s Top Employers and also as one of Best Canada’s Diversity Employers.
So, what are you waiting for? IT is a privilege to be working with such an organization. Start applying now through the Canadian Job Bank. We wish you all the best!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a BC Hydro worker make?
Let us discuss a few of the attractive salaries offered at BC Hydro Jobs at an hourly rate:
- Administrative Assistant – $20.00 per hour
- Cable Splicer – $32.00 per hour
- Civil Engineering Technologist – $37.00 per hour
- Customer Service Representative – $15.00 per hour
- Construction Laborer – $32.00 per hour
- Draftsperson – $22.00 per hour
- Project Coordinator, Information Technology – $30.00 per hour
- Information Analyst – $30.00 per hour and so on.
Is BC Hydro training paid?
Yes, trainees, apprenticeships at BC Hydro are paid.
How much do apprentice electricians make in British Columbia?
An apprentice electrician in British Columbia on an average makes $22.00 per hour.
Can a Foreigner apply for a job at BC Hydro?
Yes, you will be eligible to apply for a job at BC Hydro if you have a valid Canadian work permit.
How do I join BC Hydro?
In order to get a job at BC Hydro jobs, you will need to apply through the Canadian Job Bank.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!