Garrick Hotel based in Winnipeg, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Building caretaker. Garrick Hotel is providing exceptional service and attention to detail. From the moment guests step through the doors, they are greeted by a warm and dedicated staff committed to ensuring a comfortable and memorable stay. We offers a range of accommodations, from spacious suites to well-appointed rooms. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Garrick Hotel
Position: Building caretaker
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $15.00 hourly 20 to 30 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment Part time leading to full time
Location: 287 Garry Street Winnipeg, MB R3C 1H9
Shifts: Day, On Call, To be determined, Morning
Work setting: Apartment/condominium complex, Motel, Room and board provided, Hotel, motel, resort
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Security and safety: Criminal record check
Equipment: Security system, Power tools
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to handle weight Up to 23 kg (50 lbs), and Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- The candidate should be dependable, organized, initiative, flexible, reliable, and judgmental
- The candidates should have excellent oral communication
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen or temporary or permanent resident of Canada
- Candidate must have legal authorized (Work Permit) to work in Canada
- If Candidates are unable to fulfill above mentioned requirements, don’t apply for the position
- The candidates should be able to sweep, mop, scrub and wax hallways, floors and stairs, empty trash cans and other waste containers
- The candidates should be able to wash windows, interior walls and ceilings, make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
- The candidates should be able to contact contractors for repairs and maintenance of the establishment, perform minor repairs on appliances, perform safety and security checks
- The candidates should be able to show apartments and offices to prospective tenants
- The candidates should be able to perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair
- The candidates should be able to clean and disinfect bathrooms and fixtures
- The candidates should be able to clean snow and ice from walkways and parking areas, work with minimal supervision
- The candidates will get team building opportunities, on-site housing options, on-site amenities, gratuities, and bonus
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume, references attesting experience, and cover letter) through below mentioned details.
287 Garry Street
Between 11:00 AM and 03:00 PM
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answering the following questions while applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!