Parks Canada is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Bus Driver for Nova scotia region. Parks Canada is established under the Federal Public Service under the Financial Administration Act. It is an agency of the Government of Canada. They are responsible for the protection and presentation of Canada’s outstanding natural and cultural resources through a system of national parks, national marine conservation areas and national historic sites in all regions of Canada. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. When the candidate applies to this selection process, candidates are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
Employer Name: Parks Canada
Position: Bus Driver
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $24.12 to $26.23 per hour
Shift: To be determined
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Nova Scotia
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English and Bilingual Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as possession of a valid and current Class 2 Nova Scotia driver’s license with air brake endorsement (MINIMUM REQUIREMENT). Provision of a CLIENT driver’s abstract, which is to show a minimum two (2) year driving record that is free of at fault accidents, convictions, suspensions and revocations.
NOTE: A current CLIENT Driver’s Abstract from the Nova Scotia Registry of Motor Vehicles must accompany your application
Experience: Candidates need experience the details are mentioned below
- The candidate should be able to frequently stand or sit for long periods of time and also occasionally lift up to 10 kg
- The candidates need experience in operating public passenger carrying vehicles and commercial transit buses (over 24 passengers) and also have experience in communication with the public, customer service
- The candidate should have the ability to effectively assist and communicate with visitors, staff and partners and also have the ability to greet clients and respond to questions and complaints
- The candidate should have skills such as Strive for excellence, Take responsibility, Exercise sound judgment, Communicate effectively and also Make things happen
- The candidate should be able to wear a Parks Canada uniform and any PPE that may be required and also work shift work, overtime, weekends, and/or statutory holidays, provincial/territorial holidays and call back or standby duty
- The candidate should be able to provide a reliable security clearance and maintain a valid driver’s license
- The candidate should be able to communicate through email
- The candidate should be able to provide proof for how he/she meets the required qualifications
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through the below-mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!