Connors Bros. Division of Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp. based in Blacks Harbour, NB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Cannery labourer – fish processing. Connors Bros. Division of Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp. is one of Canada’s oldest food producers and an integrated producer of canned sardine and herring products. With all of our products, we focus our development and production on inclusion of attributes our customers can use to improve the quality and value of their feeds. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Connors Bros. Division of Clover Leaf Seafoods Corp.
Position: Cannery labourer – fish processing
No of Vacancies: 10
Salary: $15.81 to $21.22 hourly (to be negotiated) 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: 180 Brunswick Street, Blacks Harbour, NB E5H 1G6
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning, Morning
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
- The candidates should be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to stand, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be willing to for overtime
- The candidates should be able to handle Hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidates should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidates should be able to do manual dexterity
- The candidate should be flexible, reliable, should have excellent oral communication, efficient interpersonal skills, and be able to work as a team player
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen or temporary or permanent resident of Canada
- Candidate must have legal authorized (Work Permit) to work in Canada
- If Candidates unable to fulfill above mentioned requirements, don’t apply for the position
- The candidates should be able to unload fish and shellfish from fishing vessels and transport them by hand or forklift truck to work area
- The candidates should be able to transport fish and shellfish to work area, condition fish filets for wrapping or freezing
- The candidates should be able to weigh fish or shellfish, record weight and pack fish in ice, clean machines and immediate work areas
- The candidates should be able to measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines
- The candidates should be able to sort fish according to species, weight and destination, clean work area
- The candidates will get various benefits as per collective agreement
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answer the following questions while applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!