Ideal Tool & Machine Ltd. based in Hamilton, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of CNC (computer numerical control) machinist. Ideal Tool & Machine Ltd. is a full service tool & die machine shop. We are constantly growing our customer base with our quality, precision and efficiency with our combined 50 years of experience in Die building and custom machining for the Tool & Die Industry. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Ideal Tool & Machine Ltd.
Position: CNC (computer numerical control) machinist
No of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $27.50 hourly for 80 hours per 80 hours bi-weekly
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Hamilton, ON
Shifts: Day, 08:00 to 16:30
Transportation information: The candidates should have own transport/vehicle
Own tools/equipment: The candidates should have own tools and steel-toed safety boots
Work setting: Custom machine shop
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: The Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Measuring tools: The Candidates should be able to operate micrometers, callipers, gauges, and verniers.
Equipment and machinery experience: The Candidates should be able to operate computer numerical control (CNC) machines
Security and safety: The candidates should have clear criminal records
- The candidates should be able to work in fast-paced environment
- The candidates should be able to work in noisy area.
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail.
- The candidates should be able to handle Hand-eye co-ordination.
- The candidates should be able to handle weight up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- The candidate should have excellent oral communication.
- The candidates should be accurate, and be able to work as a team player.
- The candidates should be able to verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers), operate and set up machines to perform repetitive machining operations
- The candidates should be able to clean and maintain work space, read and interpret blueprints,
- The candidates should be able to perform routine maintenance on equipment and machinery
- The candidates should be able to enter codes specifying speed, feed and cut of the toolpath for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- The candidates should be able to prepare etching solution and immerse metal parts or workpiece into the etching solution to remove unwanted portions
Health benefits: The candidates will get dental plan, health care plan, vision care benefits.
Other benefits: The candidates will get free parking available
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, and Cover letter) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answer the following questions while applying:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is your current field of study?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!