George’s Greek Village Ltd based in Catharines, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Cook. George’s Greek Village Ltd is a restaurant or culinary establishment specializing in Greek cuisine. Renowned for its authentic flavors and traditional dishes, this restaurant offers a diverse menu that includes classic Greek specialties such as moussaka, souvlaki, gyros, and baklava. The candidates selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: George’s Greek Village Ltd
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $16.55 hourly for 30 to 35 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment Full time
Location: 535 Queenston St St. Catharines, ON L2R 7K6
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Morning
Transportation information: Own transportation
Work setting: Restaurant, Between 45 and 60 kg (100-132 lbs)
Cook categories: Cook (general)
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 1 to less than 2 years
Area of specialization: Canadian, Greek
- The candidates should demonstrate attention to detail
- The candidates should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- The candidates should be physically fit for demanding tasks, including standing for extended periods
- The candidates should be accustomed to repetitive tasks
- The candidates should be able to work effectively under pressure
- The candidates should be dependable
- The candidates should have excellent oral communication skills
- The candidates should demonstrate flexibility and show initiative
- The candidates should exercise good judgment
- The candidates should be organized and reliable
- The candidates should be effective team players
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen or temporary or permanent resident of Canada
- Candidate must have legal authorization (Work Permit) to work in Canada
- If Candidates are unable to fulfill above mentioned requirements, don’t apply for the position
- The candidates should be able to prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- The candidates should be able to address and prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- The candidates should be able to inspect kitchens and food service areas for cleanliness and compliance
- The candidates should be able to clean the kitchen and work areas thoroughly
- The candidates will get gratuities, free parking area
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your Resume, Job reference number, References attesting experience) through the below-mentioned details
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answering the following questions while applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!