Edo Japan, based in Edmonton, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Cook. Edo Japan works by wanting to fit in with its customers with our tasty Japanese-inspired deliciousness that’s easy, fresh and friendly. We are known as a place of coming together of friends, family and neighbours. Day-by-day, we are making millions of people who are inspired to eat the most delicious teriyaki, everyday. We are known as a blend of taste, culture and community. Our well-known founder, Reverend Susumu Ikuta, came from Japan to Canada to share a life full of faith and community. We are known to fire up our traditional teppan grill so we can bring you today’s freshest meals, fast. We never compromise on freshness, when it comes to premium veggies, choice cuts of Canadian chicken and beef, vegetarian protein options, and more. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The shifts the candidates have to work are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Edo Japan
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $16.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Edmonton, AB
Shifts: To be determined
Work Setting: Restaurant, Fast food outlet or concession
Cuisine Specialties: Japanese cuisine; Sushi preparation techniques; Teppanyaki
Work Location Information: Rural area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a high school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates need experience of 1 to 2 years.
- The candidate should be Initiative
- The candidate should be flexible and Team player
- The candidate should have Excellent oral communication
- The candidate should be client focus
- The candidate should be dependable and judgemental
- The candidate should have reliability
- The candidate should be organized
- The candidate should be able to work in Fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure
- The candidate should be able to do repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be attention to detail;
- The candidate should be able to work in standing position for extended periods
- The candidate should be able to train staff in preparation
- The candidate should be able to supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- The candidate should be able to order supplies and equipment
- The candidate should be able to manage kitchen operations
- The candidate should be able to inspect kitchens and food service areas
- The candidate should be able to clean kitchen and work areas
- The candidate should be able to maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- The candidate should be able to prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- The candidate should be able to plan menus
- The candidate should be able to determine size of food portions
- The candidate should be able to estimate food requirements and costs
- The candidate should be able to monitor and order supplies
- The candidate should be able to prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- The employees get to learn various advanced techniques
- The employees get free food and refreshments at work
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary, compensation and tips
- The employees get leave benefits such as paid leaves, casual leaves and sick leaves
- The employees get opportunity to achieve a famous restaurant work experience that can be future’s work experience asset.
For years, Edo Japan has been known to work by honouring its roots by supporting the community beyond the restaurant. The company is known for putting people first through donations and event volunteering. Since 2010, the restaurant has been a proud supporter of food banks across Canada, caring, connecting and helping to reduce hunger at the local level year after year.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email or a mail (along with resume) through below mentioned details.
3038 Granville Dr
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!