WestCana Services Inc. based in Victoria, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Cook’s helper. WestCana Services Inc. is a British Columbia owned and operated company that provides Support Services functions to various businesses including LTC, Assisted Living, Schools and Offices, all across the lower mainland. Our services include the management of Dietary, Housekeeping, Laundry, Maintenance and Reception. Our team has over 20 years of experience and employs over 600 employees. Our staff recognizes the importance of exceeding expectations, and strive to bring hospitality into healthcare. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: WestCana Services Inc.
Position: Cook’s helper
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $19.00 hourly for 37.5 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Victoria, BC
Security and safety: Criminal record should checked
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience: Candidates need experience of 7 months to less than 1 year
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Candidates must have Food Safety Certificate and Food Service worker certificate
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure, in fast-paced environment, perform repetitive tasks and also stand for extended periods
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client
- The candidate should be reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts and waste disposal units, sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand, clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment, remove kitchen garbage and trash, sweep, mop, wash and polish floors and also wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
- The candidate should be able to load buspans and trays, operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware and flatware and also place dishes in storage area
- The candidate should be able to keep records of the quantities of food used, package take-out food, portion and wrap foods and also prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- The candidate should be able to stock refrigerators and salad bars, handle and store cleaning products, receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas and also sharpen kitchen knives
- The employees get dental plan, vision care benefits and health care plan
- The employees get group insurance benefits and other benefits
- The employees get wellness program
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!