Mivelaz Farms based in St. Adolphe, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Dairy farm worker. Mivelaz Farms is a family-owned and operated business which is providing high-quality produce to the local community. We use sustainable farming practices, including crop rotation and the use of natural fertilizers and pesticides, to ensure that our products are grown in an environmentally friendly manner. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Mivelaz Farms
Position: Dairy farm worker
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $15.00 to $18.50 hourly (to be negotiated) 40 to 90 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment Full time
Location: Box 103, 1659 Sood Road St. Adolphe, MB R5A 1A1
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, To be determined, Early Morning, Morning
Transportation information: Own vehicle, Valid driver’s licence, Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work setting: Rural area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English or French Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 5 years or more
Equipment and machinery experience: Farm truck, Fertilizer applicator, Haying equipment, Loader, Manure spreader, Sprayer or duster, Tractor
Automated systems experience: Bulk grain or feed handling – automated, Milking system (automated), Feeding and watering system, Storage and silage system
Area of specialization: Cattle breeding, Dairy cattle, Agricultural livestock service
Security and safety: Criminal record check
- The candidates should be physically demanding
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidates should be able to work in livestock combination farming, grain farming, and be able to work with livestock
- The candidate should be organized, flexible, and be able to work as a team player
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen or temporary or permanent resident of Canada
- Candidate must have legal authorized (Work Permit) to work in Canada
- If Candidates unable to fulfill above mentioned requirements, don’t apply for the position
- The candidates should be able to do calving, handling animals, monitoring animal health
- The candidates should be able to harvest crops, feed and tend animals, operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment, and milk cows
- The candidates should be able to clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens, detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry, recognize and treat certain livestock health problems
- The candidates should be able to perform general farm duties, maintain quality control and production records, provide agricultural livestock services such as artificial insemination, spraying or shearing of livestock or disinfecting pens, barns or poultry houses
- The candidates should be able to provide agricultural crop services such as plowing, irrigating, cultivating, spraying or harvesting, supervise and oversee breeding and other livestock-related programs, select livestock for sale
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume, references attesting to experience, copy of portfolio, or relevant work examples) through the below-mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answering the following questions while applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!