St. Brigid’s Dairy Ltd. based in Brussels, ON, is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Dairy Herdsperson. St. Brigid’s Dairy Ltd. is known as a well-known family run seasonal organic dairy farm. Our cows are known to enjoy fresh pasture whenever it is available from early spring to late fall. Milk from our outstanding Jerseys is known to be marketed through our cooperative, Land O’ Lakes where it is turned into cheese, butter, and non-fat milk powder. Each of the cows that we own produces about 2,250 gallons (19,500 lbs) of milk per year which is exceptionally rich in butterfat and milk protein. Our farm is known to consistently rank in the top tier herds in the nation on the Jersey Performance Index list. To an overview, our dairymaid and scholar has resulted in a beautiful farm which produces high quality milk, beef, veal and dairy stock. We hire foreign workers to fill labour or skill shortages on a temporary basis. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidates have to work in Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning and Morning shifts. This position of Dairy Herdsperson is approved by LMIA.
Employer Name: St. Brigid’s Dairy Ltd.
Position: Dairy Herdsperson
No of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $19.00 per hour for 42 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 42352 Brandon Rd,RR 5, Brussels, ON, N0G 1H0
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
Work Site Environment: Outdoors
Work Location Information: Rural area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a College/CEGEP or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Equipment and Machinery Experience:
Tractor, Seed drill, Storage and silage system, Milking system (automated)
Area of Specialization: Dairy cattle, Cattle breeding
Type of Farm Operations: Grain, oil and forage crop, Dairy, Hay farming, Livestock combination farming, Organic farming
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be a combination of sitting, standing and walking
- The candidate should be able to handle large workloads
- The candidate should be able to work under tight deadlines
- The candidate should be able to work for overtime
- The candidate should be able to perform general farm duties
- The candidate should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be able to monitor animal health
- The candidate should be able to recognize and treat certain livestock health problems
- The candidate should be able to carry out a pasture or pen breeding programs
- The candidate should have skills to calving
The candidate should be able to feed inventory
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get to learn various advanced techniques
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary
In 1996, St. Brigid’s Dairy Ltd. was established with 69 registered Jersey heifers. The company has grown to animals consisting of milking cows, replacement heifers, steers and veal calves. Every year, the company is known to sell surplus dairy cows as well as grass finished Jersey beef and meadow veal.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email, a fax or a mail (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
42352 Brandon Rd,RR 5
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!