Student and CO-OP: Data Management and Exploitation
Canadian Security Intelligence Service is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Student and CO-OP: Data Management and Exploitation. The Canadian Security Intelligence Service has been committed to Canada’s values. We are known to be energized by meaningful work. Our company is known to be driven to expand skills, hone talents and stretch potential to the limit. We are known to offer the best in Canada. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. Applicants must be registered as a full-time, post-secondary student in an accredited academic institution recognized in Canada. Priority consideration will be given to those enrolled in an accredited co-op/internship program.
Employer Name: Canadian Security Intelligence Service
Position: Student and CO-OP: Data Management and Exploitation
Employment Type: Full-time
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Salary: $15.40 per hour for College/Cégep, $17.12 per hour for Undergraduate and $22.04 per hour for Graduate
Shift: To be determined
Job Category: Co-op Internship Program Student Employment
Status: Term – 4 to 16 months
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English and Bilingual languages.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as undergraduate degree or college diploma programs. The candidate should have studied in the following areas of study i.e., Political Science, Public Administration, International Relations, Law/Legal Studies, Communications, Social sciences, Computer Science, Engineering, Business and Math
Experience: Candidates need experience in learning and using productivity software, collaboration and online tools, experience in the writing of briefing notes, creating presentations, compiling complex documents or dossiers, experience in policy research, analysis and writing, experience in leading stakeholder engagement and coordination and experience in program evaluation, audit, compliance monitoring or risk assessment
- The candidate should be students who thrive on tackling diverse challenges in a unique environment and also be able to work with one of the higher performing teams.
- The candidate should be able to provide a meaningful impact to the mission of helping keep Canadians safe against national security threats
- The candidate should be able to work as representative of the Canadian society and foster diversity and inclusion
- The candidate should be dedicated to establish positive policies and practices related to hiring, training, promoting and retaining designated group members ensuring that employment-related needs of all persons are reasonably accommodated
- The candidate should have hands on work experience with projects and also be able to provide teamwork and individual contributions
- The candidate should have exposure to knowledgeable and passionate subject matter experts and be able to work in the collaborative work environments
- The candidate should be able to improve time and project management skills and work in the diverse workforce
- The candidate should have skills such as Problem Solving, Analytical Skills, Teamwork, Client Service and Initiative
- The candidate should be able to provide the security clearance check
- The candidate should be able to conduct research and analysis on datasets received, prepare or compile documentation, and review and coordinate submissions and also contribute to oral and written briefings to management, internal and external stakeholders and on data governance challenges
- The candidate should be able to collaborate with stakeholders to develop templates, update standard operating procedures, and propose recommendations and also compile and generate usage statistics, draft reporting for review and oversight bodies
- The candidate should be able to perform a variety of administrative tasks in support of the program and also assist with the creation of social media accounts
- The candidate should be able to develop a tracking system for TIIC’s inventory and also gain exposure to the day to day of operations of the TIIC
- The candidate should be able to provide advice on the most up-to-date Internet applications that will enhance work in the Open Source Intelligence space and also work in support of Operations
- The candidate should be able to analyze financial data provided by financial institutions and Government partners and also make inferences and draw conclusions
- The candidate should be able to write reports and present findings and also analyze geospatial data and geographic data
- The candidate should be able to support the production of policy documentation and standard operating procedures for the section and also perform the secretariat functions for working groups, including producing meeting agendas and meeting minutes, and following up on critical actions.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!