Government Of Ontario, Organization Ministry of the Solicitor General, based in Etobicoke is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Driver. Government Of Ontario, Ministry of the Solicitor General is a crucial public institution responsible for enhancing community safety and justice in the province. The ministry ensures the well-being of Ontario residents. It collaborates with law enforcement agencies, manages correctional facilities, and develops policies to support crime prevention and emergency management. The candidates selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Government Of Ontario
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $21.80 – $23.68 hourly
Employment Type: 1 Permanent
Job Id: 203680
Job Code: C17201 – Motor Vehicle Operator 1 (COR)
Organization: Ministry of the Solicitor General
Division: Toronto South Detention Centre
Address: 1 Permanent, 160 Horner Ave, Etobicoke, Toronto Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Category: Corrections and Enforcement
Posted on: Friday, September 1, 2023
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English and French Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates should have prior experience in maintaining a vehicle in a safe operating condition, which includes conducting standard vehicle safety checks, assessing vehicle condition, and identifying the need for repair or maintenance
- The candidates should be in possession of a valid Ontario class G Driver’s License and have a satisfactory abstract
- The candidates should be experienced in operating vehicles, including proficiency in driving techniques for various types of vehicles
- The candidates should have demonstrated a thorough knowledge of Ontario traffic laws. • The candidates should be capable of operating radio equipment to maintain contact with the facility
- The candidates should be able to determine route adjustments as necessary due to traffic, weather, or road conditions
- The candidates should have a demonstrated ability to understand and follow organizational policies and protocols
- The candidates should possess strong organizational skills to carry out duties efficiently. • The candidates should be proficient in conveying facts and information regarding pick-ups and deliveries and in completing reports/logs
- The candidates should consistently demonstrate professionalism, tact, and courtesy
- The candidates should be able to drive institutional vehicles, staff, and offenders in a safe and secure manner
- The candidates should be able to provide pick-up and delivery services for mail, supplies, office equipment, and furniture, mechanical parts, laboratory specimens, and ensure the safety of sensitive and perishable materials and goods
- The candidates should be able to ensure vehicle inspections and routine maintenance are regularly performed for safe and proper operation
- The candidates should be able to maintain vehicle records and electronic vehicle logs
- The candidates should be able to complete the required paperwork for each laundry pick-up and delivery
How to apply:
- You must apply online.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools, and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed in the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. The recruitment services team will contact you within 48 hours.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through the below-mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!