Ottawa Children’s Montessori Centre based in Ottawa, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Early Childhood Educator (E.C.E). Ottawa Children’s Montessori Centre is a licensed group child care. Our school is run by a group of energetic, educated women who recognize the valuable service that quality child care can provide to families with young children. We have staff that are highly qualified professionals with their license in Early Childhood Education and/or other related training. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Ottawa Children’s Montessori Centre
Position: Early Childhood Educator (E.C.E)
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $3,300 per month for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Ottawa, ON
Shifts: Day, Early Morning, Morning
Work Site Environment: Non-smoking, Air conditioned
Work Setting: Child care centre, Urban area, Day care centre or nursery school
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualification such as college/CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience: Candidates need an experience of 2-3 years
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Member of the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE), Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate, First Aid Certificate, Montessori Early Childhood Teacher Certificate, CPR Certificate
Security and Safety: Medical exam, Immunization records, Tuberculosis test, Vulnerable sector check
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks and pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work with manual dexterity
- The candidate should be physically demanding and a combination of bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work in a punctual way and be someone who can be dependent on
- The candidate should have an efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have an excellent oral and written communication skills
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment and have interpersonal awareness
- The candidate should have judgement skills
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on and be a team player
- The candidate should be able work with values and ethics
- The candidate should be able to bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers
- The candidate should be able to develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- The candidate should have storytelling skills
- The candidate should be able to lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- The candidate should be able to assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
- The candidate should be able to engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- The candidate should be able to provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- The candidate should be able to guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- The candidate should be able to prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- The candidate should be able to observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor, discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings, knowledge of Day Nurseries Act also knowledge of licensing regulations
- The candidate should be able to establish guidelines for behaviour also assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- The candidate should be able to attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children also establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- The candidate should be able to plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- The employees get health benefits such as Dental plan, Health care plan and Vision care benefits
- The employees get financial benefits as per the collective agreement
- The employees get long-term benefits such as Group insurance benefits
- The employees get other benefits such as free parking available
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume, Job reference number, Cover letter, References attesting experience, Letter of recommendation, Proof of the requested certifications, and Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed) through below mentioned details.
Include this reference number in your application
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!