Early childhood educator (ECE)
Mouse & Ru Preschool based in Collingwood, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Early childhood educator (ECE). Mouse & Ru Preschool recognizes the significant importance of the early years in children’s development and strives to provide children with a strong foundation of care and learning. We view children as competent, capable, curious learners and rich in potential. We endeavor to deliver an enriching child-centered, family-oriented, play-based learning program, based on the philosophy of children as competent and active learners. We are known to provide satisfaction to our customers, that they don’t have to go to any one else after getting the best services from us. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Mouse & Ru Preschool
Position: Early childhood educator (ECE)
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Job Type: Green job (Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes)
Location: Collingwood, ON
Work setting: Child care centre
Work site environment: Candidates should work in outdoors and air conditioned area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates need experience of 1 to less than 7 months
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Candidates must have Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate and First Aid Certificate
- The candidate should be punctual, dependable, reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should be able to develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children, lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest, provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity and also guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- The candidate should be able to support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children and also observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- The candidate should be able to plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- The candidate should be able to assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members and also establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- The employees get dental plan and also health care plan
- The employees get group insurance benefits
- The employees get free parking availability, learning/training paid by employer, on-site daycare available, paid time off (volunteering or personal days), team building opportunities and parking availability
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, and a Copy of your portfolio or relevant work examples) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!