Happy Ridge Early Learning Academy based in Maple Ridge, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Early childhood educator (ECE) assistant. Happy Ridge Early Learning Academy offers a child-centered approach to education that emphasizes the development of the whole child, including intellectual, social, emotional, and physical growth. We are committed to providing children with a well-rounded education that prepares them for success in all areas of life. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Happy Ridge Early Learning Academy
Position: Early childhood educator (ECE) Assistant
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $20.00 hourly 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment Full time
Location: 21755 Lougheed Hwy, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 2S2
Shifts: Day, Morning
Transportation information: Valid driver’s licence, Own transportation, and Own vehicle
Work setting: Child care centre
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as College/CEGEP or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 1 to less than 2 years’
Credentials: Child development assistant (ECE level 1)
Security and safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Medical exam, Immunization records
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to work in noisy area, in outdoors, and in non-smoking area
- The candidate should be punctual, dependable, organized, and reliable
- The candidates should have excellent oral communication, excellent written communication, efficient interpersonal skills, and be able to work as a team player
- The candidate should have values and ethics
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen or temporary or permanent resident of Canada
- Candidate must have legal authorized (Work Permit) to work in Canada
- If Candidates are unable to fulfill above mentioned requirements, don’t apply for the position
- The candidates should be able to support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- The candidates should be able to assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
- The candidates should be able to engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- The candidates should be able to guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- The candidates should be able to maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties
- The candidates should be able to prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- The candidates should be able to discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- The candidates should be able to knowledge of licensing regulations
- The candidates will get dental plan, health care plan, vision care benefits, free parking and other various benefits
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume, cover letter, and proof of the requested certifications) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answering the following questions while applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!