Sunrise Potato Storage Ltd. is a family operated potato farm located in Alliston, Ontario, Canada producing seed potatoes and potatoes for chipping. The company has been developed by two generations and now, who are growing 1000 acres of potatoes annually, having put down roots where the previous generation of VanderZaags originally immigrated. Sunrise Potato Storage Ltd. was started by Peter and Carla who spent almost twenty years overseas, studying and developing potato production methods in countries as diverse as Rwanda and the Philippines. As of now, Sunrise Potato Storage Ltd is inviting applications for the role of Farm Worker, General from any of the eligible candidates who reside in Canada.
The candidates who have a valid work permit in Canada should start applying for this LMIA approved job right away.
Employer Name: Sunrise Potato Storage Ltd
Position: Farm Worker, General
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $15.00 hourly, for 40 hours per week.
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 5546 County Road 15, Alliston, ON, L9R 1V3
Shifts: To Be Determined
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Type of Crops: Potatoes
Work Location Information: Rural area, Staff accommodation available.
Education: No degree, certificate or diploma or equivalent experience is required.
Experience: No Experience Needed
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to clean and maintain equipment
- The candidate should be able to clean and maintain the workspace
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be able to plant, cultivate and irrigate crops
- The candidate should be able to perform general farm duties
- The candidate should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- The candidate should be able to load and unload goods
- The candidate should be able to harvest crops
- The candidate should be able to grade products
- The candidate should be able to fertilize and spray crops
- The candidate should be able to cut weeds and undergrowth
- The candidate should be able to examine products for quality and prepare for market
- The candidate needs to have farm supervisors skills such as ensuring farm safety and biosecurity procedures are followed
- The employees get insurance benefits such as life insurance, group claim insurance etc.
- The employees get financial benefits, compensation and retirement benefits as well
- The employees get a vacation policy in which they get yearly vacations, paid leaves and sick leaves
- The employees get to work in great work culture, develop their skills and also grow their career with having job security
Sunrise Potato Storage Ltd. is known to be focused on the sustainable production of conventional chipping and table potatoes, organic potatoes and seed production. Its state-of-the-art storage is known to have facilities to hold 400,000 cwt (18,000 tonnes) in 20 bins, which allows the company to ship the crop from September’s harvest to the following July.
How to apply
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email or by mail (along with resume) through below mentioned details.
207 Columbia Street
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!