Young Guns Fisheries Limited based in Pembroke, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fishboat deckhand. Young Guns Fisheries Limited specializes in the harvesting, processing, and distribution of lobster and other seafood products. We own and operate several fishing vessels and employs experienced fishermen who use sustainable fishing practices to ensure that the seafood is harvested responsibly and with minimal impact on the environment. We have earned a reputation as a trusted supplier of high-quality, sustainably caught seafood. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Young Guns Fisheries Limited
Position: Fishboat deckhand
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $21.00 hourly 30 to 45 hours per week
Employment Type: Seasonal employment Full time
Location: Pembroke, NS
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, On Call, To be determined, Early Morning, Morning
Transportation information: Public transportation is not available
Work setting: Rural area
Type of gear: Trap
Area of specialization: Lobster
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding
- The candidates should be able to stand, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to handle weight Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- The candidates should be able to handle heavy loads
- Canadian citizen and permanent or temporary foreign workers of Canada are eligible for this position.
- International Candidates who don’t have a valid Canadian work permit also can apply
- The candidates should be able to prepare nets, lines and other fishing tackle
- The candidates should be able to operate fishing gear to catch fish and other marine life
- The candidates should be able to clean, sort and pack fish in ice and stow catch in hold
- The candidates should be able to repair nets, splice ropes and maintain fishing gear and other deck equipment
- The candidates should be able to clean deck surfaces and fish hold
- The candidates will get bonus
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!