V&J SEAFOOD based in Prince Rupert, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fishing vessel deckhand. V&J SEAFOOD is involved in the processing, packaging, and distribution of various types of seafood, including fish, shellfish, and crustaceans. We have a commitment to sustainability and responsible fishing practices, ensuring that our products are sourced and produced in an environmentally friendly manner. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: V&J SEAFOOD
Position: Fishing vessel deckhand
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $19.00 hourly 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment Full time
Location: 426 6TH AVE Prince Rupert, BC V8J 1W7
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Early Morning, Morning
Type of gear: Longline, trap
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Area of specialization: Crab
- The candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be physically demanding
- The candidates should be able to stand, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be able to handle weight Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- The candidates should be able to handle heavy loads and large workload
- Canadian citizen and permanent or temporary foreign workers of Canada are eligible for this position.
- International Candidates who don’t have a valid Canadian work permit also can apply
- The candidates should be able to prepare nets, lines and other fishing tackle
- The candidates should be able to prepare and cook meals for crew members
- The candidates should be able to clean, sort and pack fish in ice and stow catch in hold
- The candidates should be able to repair nets, splice ropes and maintain fishing gear and other deck equipment
- The candidates should be able to clean deck surfaces and fish hold
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!