La Cara Tacos based in Whitehorse, YT is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Food counter attendant. La Cara Tacos made fresh and in-house, daily. Our ingredients are cooked from raw and free of artificial flavours, colours and preservatives. We have takeout or delivery and dine-in both facilities for our customers. We have many years of experience in this industry and are well-known to the community. Our staffs are efficient, well-trained and friendly. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: La Cara Tacos
Position: Food counter attendant
No of Vacancies: 8
Salary: $16.65 to $18.00 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, On Call, Flexible Hours, To be determined and Morning
Transportation/travel information: Own transportation required and public transportation is available
Weight handling: Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure, in fast-paced environment, perform repetitive tasks and also stand for extended periods
- The candidate should be physically strong
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client
- The candidate should be reliable and a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have experience of equipment and machinery like Conventional oven and also Electronic cash register
- The candidate should be able to clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts and waste disposal units, clear and clean tables, trays and chairs, clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment, remove kitchen garbage and trash, sweep, mop, wash and polish floors and also wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
- The candidate should be able to bring clean dishes, flatware and other items to serving areas and set tables, load buspans and trays, operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware and flatware, place dishes in storage area, replenish condiments and other supplies at tables and serving areas, sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand, scour pots and pans and also handle and store cleaning products
- The candidate should be able to keep records of the quantities of food used, package take-out food, portion and wrap foods, prepare, heat and finish simple food items and also use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
- The candidate should be able to take customers’ orders and also serve customers at counters or buffet tables
- The candidate should be able to keep records of the quantities of food used and also receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- The employees get bonus and gratuities
- The employees get learning/training paid by employer, paid time off (volunteering or personal days) and team building opportunities
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
201 Main St suite A
Y1A 2B2 Between 11:00 AM and 08:00 PM
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!