Juicy-Fruit Orchards was formed in 1988 when Rick and Carol Veen’s purchased the farm. Earlier this farm used to be a potato farm, then Rick began purchasing rootstocks from Holland with intentions to bud his own apple trees from scratch and turn the former potato field into a fruit farm. Every year, Rick planted more and more fruit trees until the 100-acre farm was completely full. Today, the farm hosts several thousand apples, peach, cherry, plum and pear trees. Currently, Juicy-Fruit Orchards based in Thedford, ON, is looking for candidates for the position of Fruit Farm Labourer.
This company is a verified company permitted to hire foreign workers to fill labour or skill shortages on a temporary basis. The vacancies are with reference to that of seasonal employment with weekend and flexible hours shifts.
Employer Name: Juicy-Fruit Orchards
Position: Fruit Farm Labourer
No of Vacancies: 10
Salary: $15.00 per hour for 30 to 48 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Thedford, ON
Shifts: Weekend, Flexible Hours 08:00 to 18:00
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, At heights, Wet/damp, Dusty, Hot, Cold/refrigerated
Education: No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience: No experience required
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to details
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should be able to distinguish between colors
- The candidate should be a combination of sitting, standing, walking, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling
To be determined
- The candidate should be able to plant, cultivate and irrigate crops
- The candidate should be able to harvest crops
- The candidate should be able to examine products for quality and prepare for market
- The employees get to work in a family-owned place
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees various financial and compensatory benefits
- The employees get some other perks such as company discounts, paid leaves, vacations etc.
Today, Juicy-Fruit Orchards strives to grow the best possible fruits and vegetables for its customers to enjoy and help keep them and their families happy and healthy. After experimenting for many years with different varieties, Rick and Carol have figured out what their customers love best and continue the same to grow the best on their soil.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can apply now by sending an email or a mail (along with a resume) through below mentioned details.
9213 Arkona Rd.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!