Fruit farm worker
Sarah’s Farm Markets based in Chatham, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fruit farm worker. Sarah’s Farm Markets is a family-owned and operated in Chatham for over 20 years. We are committed to growing and selling the best quality of fresh produce possible. We offer competative salary and every possible facility to our staffs. We are known to provide satisfaction to our customers, that they don’t have to go to any one else after getting the best services from us. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The position of Fruit farm worker is approved by LMIA.
Employer Name: Sarah’s Farm Markets
Position: Fruit farm worker
No of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $15.50 hourly for 40 to 85 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Seasonal employment
Job Type: Green job (Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes)
Location: Chatham, ON
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Early Morning and Morning
Work setting: Rural area
Work site environment: Candidates should work in corn farming, fruit and vegetable combination farming, other miscellaneous crop farming, other vegetables and melon farming (except potato), outdoors, wet/damp, dusty, hot and cold/refrigerated place
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates need experience of 1 year to less than 2 years
Type of crops: Asparagus, Bell peppers, Cabbage, Cauliflowers, Cucumbers, Field berries, Melons, Onions, Raspberries, Strawberries, Sweet corn, Tomatoes and Zucchinis
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced environment, maintain tight deadlines, handle heavy loads, able to distinguish between colours, walk, pay attention to detail, stand for extended periods and also for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be physically strong and also have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should have experience of equipment and machinery like Farm truck
- The candidate should be able to clean crop, hoe crops, plant, cultivate and irrigate crops, fertilize and spray crops and also harvest crops
- The candidate should be able for brush collecting, clipping, grading, hand harvesting vegetables, vegetable culling and also weeding
- The candidate should be able to examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- The employees get free parking availability
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Job reference number, Cover letter, and References attesting experience) through below mentioned details.
31 Sandys Street
Chatham , ON
31 Sandys Street
Chatham , ON
N7L 3P5 Between 09:30 AM and 05:00 PM
Include this reference number in your application
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected, and conducted for further procedures directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!