Delhaven Orchards Ltd. based in Blenheim, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fruit Farm Worker. Delhaven Orchards Ltd. is known for its Apple and main crop farming. We grow a variety of different fruits, including peaches, pears, apricots, sweet and sour cherries, nectarines, plums and strawberries. We sell our grown fruits through our farm market at home, as well as in other independent markets, local farm markets, and some chain stores. With this, Apple cider is our popular product. In all, we have become a leader in the apple cider industry in Ontario, winning awards on an annual basis. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or seasonal employment. The candidate has to work on Day and Weekend shifts.
Employer Name: Delhaven Orchards Ltd.
Position: Fruit Farm Worker
No of Vacancies: 22
Salary: $15.00 per hour for 40 to 55 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 8182 Talbot Trail W. R.R.1, Blenheim, ON, N0P 1A0
Shifts: Day, Weekend
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, At heights, Hot
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset, also training will be provided to the candidates
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Tractor
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should have the ability to distinguish between colors
- The candidate should be a combination of sitting, standing, walking, standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work under tight deadlines
To be determined
- The candidate should be able to plant, cultivate and irrigate crops
- The candidate should be able to harvest crops
- The candidate should be able to fertilize and spray crops
- The candidate should be able to examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees get to learn various advanced farming techniques
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary
Delhaven Orchards Ltd. is a family owned company. Working for 60+ years, the company has been an innovator in the industry with its involvement in many organizations that promote and support the farming industry. Today, the company is known as the leader to diversify the style of farming to stay current with the practices.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending a mail (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
8182 Talbot Trail W. R.R.1
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!