Thwaites Farms Ltd. based in Langton, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Fruit or Vegetable Picker. We are a second-generation family-owned farm operated by John Thwaites. We are working on 400 acres of the farm to produce various products. We produce products such as peaches, nectarines, plums, pears, wine grapes, seedless grapes and asparagus in Niagara-on-the-Lake and Norfolk County, Ontario. With our experienced employees, our farm is taken care of by John, along with his wife Jocelyn and their sons Graham, Nelson and Corbin. We are known to produce quality products using advanced techniques. We are known to produce organic products without any preservatives.
The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work soon. The vacancies refer to full time or seasonal employment. The shifts the candidate has to work on are yet to be determined.
Employer Name: Thwaites Farms Ltd.
Position: Fruit or Vegetable Picker
No of Vacancies: 46
Salary: $15.00 hourly for 40 to 80 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Langton, ON
Shifts: To be determined
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Wet/damp, Dusty, Hot
Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation, Public transportation is not available
Work Location Information: Rural area
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma.
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset.
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Type of Crops: Asparagus
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to work with manual dexterity
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to details
- The candidate should be able to work on hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should be able to distinguish between colours
- The candidate should be a combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work with tight deadlines
- The candidate should have an effective interpersonal skills
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should have judgement skills
- The candidate should be able to work in an organized way
- The candidate should be able to pick row and orchard crops
- The candidate should be able to load, unload and transfer crates, supplies and farm produce, livestock and poultry
- The employees get to work in a family-owned place
- The employees get to work in a natural environment
- The employees get to work in a well-known company
- The employees get various financial and leave benefits
In 1946, Thwaites Farms Ltd. was established and in 1981 was taken over by John Thwaites. Over the years, there have been various changes in the farm and the company including new crops, a new packing facility and re-tooling of custom fabrication shops, offering their services to other local growers and businesses.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending a mail (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
1984 Townline Road, RR#3
Niagara on the Lake, ON
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!