General Farm Worker
In 2008, The Yong Co Brothers Farm Ltd was incorporated by two brothers. These two brothers gradually got interested in farming after each other, after which they gave up on their banking jobs and opened a company named Yong Co Brothers Farm Ltd.
As of now, Yong Co Brothers Farm Ltd is inviting applications for the role of General Farm Worker from any of the eligible candidates who reside in Canada. The candidates who have a valid work permit in Canada should start applying for this LMIA approved job right away.
Employer Name: Yong Co Brothers Farm Ltd
Position: General Farm Worker
No of Vacancies: 6
Salary: $15.00 to $15.50 hourly, for 40 hours per week.
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 864 CHARLOTTEVILLE ROAD 10 RR1, Simcoe, ON, N3Y 4J9
Shifts: To Be Determined
Work Location: Staff accommodation available
Work Site Environment: Outdoor
Types of Farm Operations: Other vegetables and melon farming (except potato)
Types of Product: Native Plants
Types of Crops: Cabbage, Cucumbers, Bell peppers, Carrots
- Languages: English
- Education: No degree, certificate or diploma or equivalent experience is required.
- Transportation/Travel Information: Vehicle supplied by the employer
- Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset.
- Automated System Experience: Automated irrigation system Feeding and watering system
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to details
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination.
- The candidate should be able to distinguish between colours
- The candidate should be able to distinguish between sound
- The candidate should be a combination of various physical activities like sitting, standing, standing for extended periods, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling.
- The candidate should have knowledge about hand-harvesting vegetables.
- The candidate should be free from being bondable and have a clean chit from any criminal record.
- The candidate should have knowledge about planting, cultivating and irrigating the crops.
- The candidate should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- The candidate should be able to harvest the crops
- The candidate should have knowledge about fertilizer and spray crops
- The candidate should be able to examine products for quality and prepare them for market
- The employees get accommodation available in the form of rooms and boards, whoever or whenever needed.
- The employees get various types of health benefits for themselves.
- The employees get salary benefits and financial help from the company, especially in COVID.
- The employees get permission to give any kind of advice to the management
How to apply
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!