Great Lakes Greenhouses Inc. based in Leamington, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General labourer – farm. Great Lakes Greenhouses Inc. is one of the largest cucumber growers in North America while remaining a family-run business firmly rooted in its commitment to never-ending improvement. We pride ourselves on the quality of our products, as well as maintaining excellent food safety standards — our mandate is to produce the healthiest and safest local foods year-round. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Great Lakes Greenhouses Inc.
Position: General labourer – farm
No of Vacancies: 29
Salary: $15.83 hourly / 30 to 60 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment Full time
Location: Leamington, ON
Shifts: Day, Weekend, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
Transportation information: Own transportation
Work setting: Rural area
Type of crops: Cucumbers
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 1 to less than 7 months
- The candidates should be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, be physically demanding, and a repetitive tasker
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to work in tight deadlines
- The candidates should be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, crouch, and kneel for extended periods
- The candidates should be willing to for overtime
- The candidates should be able to handle Hand-eye co-ordination and do sound discrimination
- The candidates should be able to handle heavy loads and distinguish between colours
- The candidates should be able to work in wet/damp area and in hot area
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen or temporary or permanent resident of Canada
- Candidate must have legal authorized (Work Permit) to work in Canada
- If Candidates are unable to fulfill above mentioned requirements, don’t apply for the position
- The candidates should be able to do hand harvesting vegetables
- The candidates should be able to plant, cultivate and irrigate crops
- The candidates should be able to fertilize and spray crops, harvest crops
- The candidates should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment, detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
- The candidates should be able to examine produce for quality and prepare for market
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!