Farnell Packaging Limited based in Dartmouth, NS is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General labourer – manufacturing. Farnell Packaging Limited is a family owned and operated flexible packaging manufacturer servicing the North American market since 1961. We work with companies in a variety of different industries. From fresh produce, frozen food, and seafood to horticulture and personal care items like diapers, we are proud to provide packaging that helps brands bring these essentials to their customers. We are committed to a more sustainable future and work to nurture our customers as they pursue their own sustainability goals. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Farnell Packaging Limited
Position: General labourer – manufacturing
No of Vacancies: 11
Salary: $18.22 to $19.53 hourly for 84 hours bi-weekly
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent employment
Location: 30 Ilsley Ave., Dartmouth, NS, B3B 1L3
Shifts: Day, Night, Weekend and Shift
Work setting: Manufacturing and industrial plant
Work site environment: Candidates should work in odours, hot, noisy and at heights
Security and safety: Bond required
Transportation/travel information: Public transportation is available
Weight handling: Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Own tools/equipment: Candidates should have steel-toed safety boots
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure, in fast-paced environment, perform repetitive tasks, handle heavy loads, manually dexter, pay attention to detail, stand for extended periods and also for large workload
- The candidate should be physically strong and also a combination of sitting, standing, walking
- The candidate should have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be punctual, dependable, reliable and also a team player
- The candidate should have an excellent oral communication
- The candidate should be able to transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment, check and weigh materials and products and also sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- The candidate should be able to assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers and also clean machines and immediate work areas
- The candidate should be able to perform other labouring and elemental activities
- The employees get dental plan, disability benefits, health care plan, paramedical services coverage and vision care benefits
- The employees get group insurance benefits, life insurance and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- The employees get free parking availability, learning/training paid by employer, paid time off (volunteering or personal days), parking availability and wellness program
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!