Maple Leaf Foods Inc. based in Brampton is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of General Labourer. Maple Leaf Foods is known as Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. Our company is known to make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products. We are working under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
Position: General Labourer
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: $17.78 per hour for 40 hours per week
Shift: Day, Afternoon
Employment Type: Full Time
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
- The candidate should be able to perform tasks such as frequent pushing, pulling, and overhead reaching, bending, and standing
- The candidate should have the ability to lift up to 50lbs
- The candidate should be able to work with various types of meat including chicken and pork
- The candidate should be able to work in a team-based challenging environment
- The candidate should have the ability to obtain pertinent information, evaluate information objectively and explore alternative solutions to problems and also be active in finding new and improved ways of completing tasks
- The candidate should be able to interact and share information with employees at all levels (Team members, Lead Hands, Supervisors, and Others). Actively participates in their work group and also for training purposes, you must be available to work the day shift
- The candidate must be able to handle all food products and work in a cold environment
- The candidate should be able to place appropriate quantities of components into the trays
- The candidate should be able to take an active role in changeover procedures and achieve line speed efficiencies and also manually pack products into bags, cartons, or other containers.
- The candidate should be able to remove finished goods cartons from the conveyor and place them on pallets and also do visual quality checks of the product against customer and internal specifications (Including foreign materials and weight checks)
- The candidate should have the ability to maintain the cleanliness of areas of responsibility and also adhere to individual Product Standard Operating Procedures for components and packaging materials
- The candidate must wear proper PPE and comply with Health and Safety requirements including ensuring power is shut down on equipment prior to specified tasks and perform other tasks as assigned
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!