Health services director – government services
Fort Nelson First Nation based in Fort Nelson, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Health services director – government services. Fort Nelson First Nation are a strong, healthy, proud and self-reliant people who have traditionally inhabited a vast terrain of the northeastern plains of British Columbia. Fort Nelson First Nation are committed and obligated to care for and protect rights, lands, waters, animals, and the ecosystem as a whole for future generations. We are the principles of quality, precision, flexibility and creativity to ensure that we deliver the highest standards of excellence to support our clients to achieve their business success. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Fort Nelson First Nation
Position: Health services director – government services
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $3,678.5 to $4,273.5 bi-weekly (to be negotiated) 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: Fort Nelson, BC
Transportation information: Valid driver’s licence, Own transportation, Willing to travel, Travel expenses paid by employer, Public transportation is not available
Work setting: Municipal government, Willing to relocate
Supervision: 16-20 people, Working groups, Contractors, Staff in various areas of responsibility
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as trades certificate or diploma or equivalent experience
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 1 to less than 2 years’
Area of specialization: Health policy and program administration
Computer and technology knowledge: MS Office
Security and safety: Criminal record check
- The candidates should be able to work with attention to detail
- The candidates should be able to handle large workload
- The candidate should be dependable, organized, initiative, and judgmental.
- The candidates should have excellent oral communication, excellent written communication, efficient interpersonal skills, and be able to work as a team player
- Candidate must be a Canadian Citizen or temporary or permanent resident of Canada
- Candidate must have legal authorized (Work Permit) to work in Canada
- If Candidates unable to fulfill above mentioned requirements, don’t apply for the position
- The candidates should be able to plan and control budget and expenditures, establish and implement policies and procedures
- The candidates should be able to assign, co-ordinate and review projects and programs, design and manage investment strategies
- The candidates should be able to monitor financial control systems, manage contracts
- The candidates should be able to oversee the collection and analysis of financial data, oversee the preparation of reports
- The candidates should be able to advise senior management, plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations, direct and advise health or social policy researchers, consultants or program officers
- The candidates will get dental plan, health care plan, vision care benefits, paramedical services coverage, disability benefits
- The candidates will get group insurance benefits, life insurance, pension plan, paid time off (volunteering or personal days), travel insurance, and variable or compressed work week
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Job reference number, and Cover letter) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answer the following questions while applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!