Sureway Construction Ltd. based in Edmonton, AB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic (with some duties of off-road heavy-duty equipment mechanic).
Sureway Construction Ltd. is a well-known name in the construction industry. We have experienced engineers, project managers, superintendents and craft workers provide the proven solutions that the Sureway name stands for. Our office located at south-east Edmonton is our central hub for our team of professional, administrative and technical employees. In all, we are known to work with future growth, together with state of the art infrastructure to support equipment rebuild and maintenance. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidates have to work in Day, Weekend and Overtime shifts.
Employer Name: Sureway Construction Ltd.
Position: Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanic
No of Vacancies: 5
Salary: $45.84 to $47.94 hourly for 52.3 to 63 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 9175 – 14 Street, Edmonton, AB, T6P 0C9
Shifts: Day, Weekend, Overtime
06:00 to 16:30
Work Site Environment: Outdoors, Noisy, Dusty
Work Location Information: In shop, Willing to relocate
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as other trades certificate or diploma
Experience: Candidates need an experience of 5 years or more
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Candidates need credentials such as H
heavy-duty equipment technician red seal endorsement
Diesel Engine Repair Specialization:
Major internal engine repairs or overhaul, Installation and alignment of engines and machinery
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Powered Equipment Repair Specialization: Pumps, Industrial lift trucks and fork-lifts, Hydraulic-operated working attachments, Compressors
Security and Safety: Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test
Own Tools/Equipment: Tools, Steel-toed safety boots
Mechanical Maintenance and Repair Specialization: Wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering, Tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, Power take-offs, Off-road vehicle tires and wheels, Mechanical transmissions, Hydraulic transmissions, Highway vehicle tires and wheels, Drive trains and final drives, Differentials, Brake system
Jobs for Ukraine
This employer has selected to promote this job through “Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to work with manual dexterity
- The candidate should be able to pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination
- The candidate should be a combination of standing for extended periods, bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be able to work for overtime
- The candidate should be able to keep maintenance reports and documentation
- The candidate should be able to instruct apprentices
- The candidate should be able to order parts and maintain inventory
- The candidate should be able to perform repair work on heavy trucks
- The candidate should be able to attach components and adjust new farm equipment
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment
- The candidate should be able to work with accuracy
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should have an excellent oral communication skills
- The candidate should be able to work with being focused on the client
- The client should be someone who can be dependent on
- The candidate should have judgement skills
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be able to adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
- The candidate should be able to clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- The candidate should be able to service attachments and working tools
- The candidate should be able to verify and repair emission control systems
- The candidate should be able to troubleshoot and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- The candidate should be able to diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- The candidate should be able to test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers’ specifications
- The employees get health benefits such as Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan and Vision care benefits
- The employees get financial benefits such as competitive salary, pension plans and retirement benefits
- The employees get leave benefits such as paid leaves, casual leaves and sick leaves
- The employees get long-term benefits such as Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
Since 1973, the Sureway Construction Ltd., has built a legacy as a leader in the construction industry. Leveraging its knowledge, experience, and ambition, the company has formed strong partnerships and a diverse project portfolio. The company has earned reputation as one of Alberta’s most trusted construction companies.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume and being prepared for screening questions) through below mentioned details.
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!