Donald Barnes based in Gander, NL is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Home-care worker. Donald Barnes is one of the country’s leading providers of home and community health care services. We provide customized care services for clients, patients and their families. We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life, dignity and independence of all Canadians, by providing customized care plans and solutions that allow clients to remain in the comfort of their own home. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer’s Name: Donald Barnes
Position: Home-care worker
No of Vacancies: 2
Salary: $18.86 hourly for 40 hours per 40 hours bi-weekly
Employment Type: Permanent employment – Full time
Location: Gander, NL
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Early Morning
Work Setting: Work in employer’s/client’s home
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates should have standard educational qualification such as Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience.
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset.
Target audience: Adults, Males, Persons with an intellectual disability, Persons with mental health disabilities
Policy and program experience: Behaviour disorders
Transportation/travel information: Own transportation, Own vehicle, Valid driver’s licence
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and pay attention to detail.
- The candidate should be required to handle heavy loads.
- The candidate should be required to perform repetitive tasks on frequent basis.
- The candidate should be willing to work in a sitting, standing, walking position for extended periods of time.
- The candidate should have dependability, flexibility, reliability.
- The candidate should be judgemental and focused on client.
- The candidate should be efficient and a good team player.
- The candidate should administer bedside and personal care, administer medications.
- The candidate should assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene, assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk.
- The candidate should launder clothing and household linens, perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties, provide personal care, prepare and serve nutritious meals.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!