It is a well-known fact that many Filipinos migrate to Canada to avail all the best facilities offered by Canada. A well-paying job, good medical care and a very good reliable education system for their children, and many more benefits to their families. All these facilities have brought many Filipinos to Canada since the 1930s. Let’s have a look at jobs in Canada for Filipino.
Employer Name: Canadian Job Bank
No. of vacancies: 2000
Salary: $4000.00 – $8000.00 per month
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Various cities, Canada
Jobs in Canada for Filipino
Reason for jobs in Canada for Filipino
Canada is the most sought-after destination for Filipinos to get settled for their lives to provide a better quality of life for their families. They work towards getting a permanent resident status for themselves and for their families as well.
It is easier for Filipinos to face the competition in Canada as the education system in the Philippines is very much similar to the education system in Canada. How To Get A Work Visa In Canada For Filipinos?
Know if you are eligible
There are 2 things that may come in the way of you finding a job in Canada.
- If you don’t have the required skills, educational background, and employment background
- If you are not allowed to go to Canada under Canada’s Immigration Law.
If you are looking forward to applying for a permanent residence in Canada, then you will need to qualify in one of the 3 following express entry programs apart from being a skilled professional :
1. Federal Skilled Worker(FSW) Program:
This requires the candidates to have the language ability, education, and skilled experience in any of Canada’s 300+ job profiles.
2. Federal Skilled Trades Program(FSTP):
To qualify under this program the candidate should have a skilled experience of a minimum of 2 years within the last 5 years in any of Canada’s eligible trades.
3. Canadian Experience Class (CEC):
To qualify under the CEC program, the candidate should already be having skilled experience in Canada. Once you apply for any of the above programs, it may take a very long time before it gets approved if you have no qualifying job on hand.
How to get Jobs in Canada for Filipinos from the Philippines?
Now that we have learned about different programs which help us get a Canadian permanent residence, we will see how to find jobs in Canada for Filipinos. This step is very important. Now the candidates will need to look for an eligible occupation in Canada according to their education and skills that are ready to hire them.
Candidates in the Express Entry program along with their jobs on hand earn more points that determine their probability of being invited to apply for Canadian Permanent Residence(PR).
The higher the points the sooner they are invited to apply for Canadian PR.
Wait for the required documents to arrive :
Once you find the employer who is willing to hire you, you will need to wait until you receive a positive LMIA and the job offer from the employer.
After you receive the job offer, it is recommended that you review the main sections of the job offer namely the salary section, benefits, job description, and the working hours. It is also recommended not to accept any job offers from employers who are expecting a payment from you or are requesting your credit card information.
Apply for a work permit:
Now that you have received a positive LMIA and a valid job offer. You will need to apply for a work permit in Canada.
For the application process you will need:
- Information about the Job Contract
- Job Offer letter
- Copy of LMIA
- LMIA number
How to apply for jobs in Canada for Filipinos without Experience?
So, this is when Temporary Foreign Worker(TFW) comes into the picture.
Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFW) :
Most of the hard-working Filipinos make use of this program as a stepping stone to apply for permanent residence in Canada. Once they gain enough experience working under this program, they will be eligible to apply for Canadian Permanent Residence directly under the Canadian Experience Class program.
How to apply for a work permit for jobs in Canada for Filipinos?
Apply for the work permit :
You may apply for the work permit for Jobs for Filipinos in Canada either online or on paper. It is usually suggested that you apply online so that you will be able to track your application status timely on your account.
Provide your biometrics and fingerprints for the application :
After applying for the work permit, you will have to pay for registering your biometrics. You will be given 30 days time to physically provide your biometrics and fingerprints at one of the Philippine’s official sites.
You have to undergo a medical examination:
Once you provide your biometrics, you will need to meet a Canadian representative in the Philippines for an interview.
The interviewer will inform you about the medical examination process.
Wait for the approval:
If in case your application is approved, you will receive an approval letter stating that you are eligible to work in Canada for the duration mentioned in the letter.
Get prepared to become an Overseas Filipino Worker(OFW)
Lastly, you will need to attend a seminar on Pre-Employment Orientation(PEOS) which is a free service provided by POEA to educate the OFWs about the documents and costs required in the foreign job application processes and how to be aware of unlawful recruiting.
Latest POEA approved Jobs in Canada
Finally arrive in Canada:
Upon your arrival in Canada, Border Security Officers(BSOs) will conduct a lot of verification on the details provided earlier by you on the application:
- Match your fingerprints with your record submitted
- Check your Introduction Letter
- Visa(if applicable)
- Job Offer
- LMIA(if applicable)
- Educational background, employment background, etc
Once they are convinced with all your answers on your purpose of visiting Canada, you will be given a visa with a time limit on how many days you can stay in Canada based on your application.
List of top POEA accredited agency
- Staffhouse International Resources Corporation
- NIR Placement Center, Inc.
- Angelex Allied Agency
- JS Contractor Incorporated
- Arandrea Manpower Services
- Mariz Manpower Services
- Prudential Employment Agency
- Studio 85 Promotions, Inc.
- DLB International, Inc.
- Meja International Manpower Agency, Inc.
- YWA Human Resource Corporation
- Jedegal International Manpower Services
- Michael Angelo Manpower Exponent Incorporated
- Ascend International Services, Inc.
- F.I.R International Services Corporation
- Omanfil International Manpower Development Corporation
- Magsaysay Global Services, Inc.
- ASC Global Recruitment, Inc.
- City Employment Center, Inc.
- Melakom Global Services, Inc.
- Philcango International Recruitment Services, Inc.
- Grand Placement & General Service Corporation
- Placewell International Services Corporation
- Humania International Services, Inc.
- Pacific Star International Employment Agency Corporation
- Sama International Recruitment Agency Company
- Industrial Personnel & Management Services, Inc.
- Concorde International Human Resource Corporation
- Talentsphere, Inc.
- God’s Will International Placement, Inc.
- Batangueño Human Resources, Inc.
- Eyequest International Manpower Services Incorporated
- First Personnel Services, Inc.
- Fil-Sino Manpower Services, Inc.
- EDI Staffbuilders, International
- Mayon International Trading Corporation
- EEI Corporation
- Gerdin International Manpower, Inc.
- PJV Human Resources Services Company
- Light & Hope Overseas Placement Agency, Inc.
- Pinoy Overseas Workers Employment Resources (Power) Corporation
- ERRX Recruitment Consulting
- Finest Asia Resources, Inc.
- Log International HR Recruitment Agency, Inc.
- Everbest Overseas Employment Agency, Inc.
- Premium Quality Work Solutions Corporation
- Al Batra Recruitment Agency, Inc.
- A.S.H. Manpower International Services, Inc.
- Century High HR, Inc.
- A & W International Manpower Services Specialist
How do get jobs in Canada for Filipino for high school graduates Or undergraduates?
Yes, there are certain Canadian Visa programs that permit the candidates to immigrate to Canada without a college degree:
- Federal Skilled Trade Program(FSTP),
- Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program(SINP),
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot(RNIP).
How to get jobs in Canada for Filipino as fresh graduates?
You can apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit(PGWP) from inside Canada. A candidate will be eligible for PGWP if he has studied in a Designated Learning Institute(DLI) in Canada with a valid study permit.
Jobs in Canada for Filipinos without Experience 2022
Filipinos without experience need not worry anymore. Even if you are inexperienced you have opportunities in Canada. Canada welcomes Filipinos with absolutely no prior work experience as well to fill up a few positions in the country to ensure all the sectors of their economy are functioning well.
You are not just improving your quality of life by choosing to work in Canada. You will also be helping to save the Philippine economy.
Do you know? The total value of cash remittances the Philippines has received by Overseas Filipino Workers(OFWs) based in Canada amounted to as much as 1.03 billion US Dollars according to statistics. The amount of cash remittances by OFWs in Canada has gradually increased since 2016.
Well, there are openings available:
- Factory Workers
- Transport Truck Drivers
- Fruit Pickers
- Car Mechanic etc.
Nursing Jobs are also available for Freshers. There are part-time jobs in Canada for Filipino without experience. There are many openings available in various sectors. Start applying now through Canadian Job Bank to find a suitable job and start accumulating experience which will help you apply for Canadian PR in a few more years to come.
- Filipinos without any prior experience can apply for these jobs as there are currently many openings mid-level and general in these job classifications.
- There are both full-time and part-time employment options available.
- The average Salary would be CA$11.57 – CA$15 per hour.
- Training will be provided.
- Educational requirements would be a bachelor’s degree, high school diploma, or any other equivalent.
What is the average pay/hr at jobs in Canada for Filipino?
The average pay/hr for any skilled worker currently in Canada is approximate CA$14.
Why is it necessary for Filipinos to apply for jobs in Canada through POEA(Philippines Overseas Employment Administration)?
It is required that if a Filipino decides to work in Canada, the Philippines Government wants the Canadian Employer to partner with a POEA licensed recruiter to provide a job for the Filipino in Canada to minimize illegal recruitments.
Which are the most common jobs in Canada for Filipino in Canada?
Here are some jobs for Filipinos in Canada, though it is not limited to the following list:
- Farm Workers
- Alimentary Supervisor
- Fast-food Staff/Manager/Assembler
- Mechanic /Machinist
- Agricultural Worker/Plater
- Seamstress/Sawmill Operator/Labourer
Tips And Warnings :
- Make sure all your documents are assessed by an assessment agency before applying.
- Do proper research on your Job Provider in Canada. Check the working hours, Job description, and pay/hr carefully.
- The average pay/hr is CA$14 and not less than that.
- You should be able to plan your expenses well in Canada.
- Keep in mind that you will also need to add the Tax expenses while you plan your living expenses in Canada.
Wrapping up :
After reading the above article regarding Jobs for Filipinos in Canada, if you are a Filipino and want to settle down in Canada, start applying now! If you are looking forward to earning in Canadian dollars, providing better and reliable health care for your family, providing better education to your children, and on the whole to providing a better life for yourself and to your family, start applying now for the Jobs in Canada for Filipinos through Canadian Job Bank.