Jimmy The Greek, based in Mississauga, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Kitchen helper. At Jimmy the Greek, we understand the value of a nutritious home-cooked meal; it’s what inspired us to share our family recipes with you. Just like cooking at home, you care about the ingredients that go into your meal. That’s why we carefully source all of our meat and produce to ensure only the highest quality. When you’re short on time, making a great meal is hard. That’s why we put the time in for you, many of our meals take hours to prepare. Did you know we season and marinate our meat for 24 hours, then grill them fresh every day? So when you don’t have time to cook at home, come and see us so we can feed you just like at home. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Jimmy The Greek
Position: Kitchen helper
No of Vacancies: 6
Salary: $18.00 hourly for 30 to 44 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Shifts: To be determined
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates must need 1 to less than 7 months of experience
The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be able to bring clean dishes, flatware, and other items to serving areas and set tables
- The candidate should be able to clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts, and waste disposal units
- The candidate should be able to clear and clean tables, trays, and chairs
- The candidate should be able to operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware, and flatware
- The candidate should be able to replenish condiments and other supplies at tables and serving areas
- The candidate should be able to sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand
- The candidate should be able to scour pots and pans
- The candidate should be able to package take-out food
- The candidate should be able to portion and wrap foods
- The candidate should be able to prepare, heat, and finish simple food items
- The candidate should be able to serve customers at counters or buffet tables
- The candidate should be able to take customers’ orders
- The candidate should be able to use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
- The candidate should be able to clean and sanitize the kitchen, including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances, and equipment
- The candidate should be able to handle and store cleaning products
- The candidate should be able to receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards, and other storage areas
- The candidate should be able to remove kitchen garbage and trash
- The candidate should be able to sharpen kitchen knives
- The candidate should be able to sweep, mop, wash, and polish floors
- The candidate should be able to wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume, Cover letter, References attesting experience and Letter of recommendation) through below mentioned details.
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!