Labourer, fruit farming
Belfountain Estate based in Belfountain, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Labourer, fruit farming. Belfountain Estate is one of the best fruit and vegetable combination farms and livestock farms of the town, serving up fresh and organic products to the customers at a reasonable price. We have many years of experience in this industry and are well-known to the community. We have well trained and dedicated employees who help us to operate our business successfully. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Belfountain Estate
Position: Labourer, fruit farming
No of Vacancies: 4
Salary: $15.50 hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Seasonal employment
Job Type: Green job (Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes)
Location: 17529 Shaws Creek Road, Belfountain, ON, L7K 0E5
Shifts: Day, Weekend, Overtime and Morning
Work setting: Staff accommodation is available, rural area and remote location
Work site environment: Candidates should work in chicken farming, duck and geese farming, fruit and vegetable combination farming, other miscellaneous animal farming, other vegetables and melon farming (except potato), outdoors, sheep farming, turkey farming, viticulture, wet/damp, odours, dusty and hot place
Transportation/travel information: Vehicle supplied by employer, valid driver’s licence and drive manual transmission vehicle
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience, training will be provided
Type of crops: Apples, Artisanal crops, Bell peppers, Blueberries, Cherries, Field berries, Garlic, Grapes, Raspberries, Sweet corn and Tomatoes
- The candidate should be able to work overtime, perform repetitive tasks, handle heavy loads, pay attention to detail, able to distinguish between colours, stand for extended periods, walk and also for bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be physically strong and also a combination of sitting, standing, walking
- The candidate should have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment and also in an organized way
- The candidate should be someone who can judge and also a team player
- The candidate should have efficient interpersonal skills
- The candidate should have experience of automated systems like Automated irrigation system
- The candidate should be able for brush collecting, budding trees, clipping, fruit trees training
grading, hand harvesting vegetables, handling animals, harvesting seedlings, stone and/or wood picking, suckering, tying, vegetable culling and also weeding
- The candidate should be able to clean crop, plant, cultivate and irrigate crops, fertilize and spray crops and also harvest crops
- The candidate should be able to feed inventory, soil fertility programs and also apiary work
- The candidate should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment, clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens, examine produce for quality and prepare for market and also set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
- The employees get free parking availability, on-site housing options, team building opportunities and also transportation provided by employer
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, Cover letter, References attesting experience, and Letter of recommendation) through below mentioned details.
17529 Shaws Creek Road
Include this reference number in your application
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!