Robintide Farms Limited based in Maple, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Labourer, fruit farming. Robintide Farms Limited has been a family farm in Vaughan, Ontario for more than 50 years. Our farm activities have included beef cattle, mixed crops, breeding, raising and training quarter horses and raising milk goats and Boer goats. We have been growing its offerings of local farm-fresh pick-your-own and picked-for-you strawberries, vegetables, flowers and more each spring and summer, as well as pick-your-own pumpkins in the fall. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Robintide Farms Limited
Position: Labourer, fruit farming
No of Vacancies: 5
Salary: $15.50 per hour for 40 to 70 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time, Seasonal employment
Location: Maple, ON
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Early Morning and Morning
Work setting: Rural area and relocation costs not covered by employer
Work site environment: Candidates should work in floriculture production, fruit and vegetable combination farming, other vegetables and melon farming (except potato), outdoors, confined spaces, wet/damp, noisy, odours, dusty, cold/refrigerated and hot place
Transportation/travel information: Own transportation required
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset
Type of product: Artisanal crops, Bell peppers, Cabbage, Cauliflowers, Cucumbers, Garlic, Melons, Strawberries, Sweet corn, Tomatoes and Zucchinis
- The candidate should be able to work overtime, in fast-paced environment, work under pressure, maintain tight deadlines, perform repetitive tasks, handle heavy loads, pay attention to detail, able to distinguish between colours, sit, walk, stand for extended periods and also for bending, crouching, kneeling and sound discrimination
- The candidate should be physically strong, a combination of sitting, standing, walking and also have hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be able for grading, hand harvesting vegetables, shoot positioning, tying, vegetable culling and also weeding
- The candidate should be able to plant, cultivate and irrigate crops, hoe crops and also harvest crops
- The candidate should be able to operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment and also examine produce for quality and prepare for market
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume, and Cover letter) through below mentioned details.
2720 King-Vaughan Rd
Be prepared for the screening questions:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!