Maple Leaf Foods Inc. based in Winnipeg, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Labourer, Meat-Packing Plant. For more than 100 years, the company has served Canadians by delivering high-quality, nutritious foods to their tables. It is known to have innovated, transformed, adapted and grown. Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is known as proud to be a part of Canada’s food history. The company is known to provide quality food with having the best-experienced staff working for it for years. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full time or permanent employment. The candidates have to work various shifts. The vacancy is a government-sponsored job for Ukraine.
Employer Name: Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
Position: Labourer, Meat-Packing Plant
No of Vacancies: 100
Salary: $15.50 hourly for 38 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Shifts: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning, Morning
Work Setting: Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
Work Site Environment: Cold/refrigerated
Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation, Public transportation is available
Jobs for Ukraine
This employer wants to support Ukrainian nationals in Canada with a job.
Education: No degree, certificate or diploma is required.
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset.
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Security and Safety: Immunization records
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The candidate should be able to work under pressure
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be physically demanding
- The candidate should be a combination of standing for extended periods, bending, crouching and kneeling
- The candidate should have food safety/handling skills
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be able to remove filled containers from conveyors
- The candidate should be able to manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers
- The candidate should be able to feed and unload processing machines
- The candidate should be able to clean machines and immediate work areas
- The candidate should be able to check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- The candidate should be able to assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties
- The candidate should be able to transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials
- The employees get leave benefits such as paid leaves, sick leaves and vacation
- The employees get insurance benefits such as life insurance and disability insurance
- The employees get financial benefits such as pension plans and Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP).
- The employees get education and training reimbursement
- The employees get to dress in casual attire at some times.
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is known to be passionate about food. For more than 100 years, it has made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands. The company’s history and ambitious drive for a better future set us apart.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can apply now directly to the employer by meeting in person (along with a resume) through below mentioned details.
870 Lagimodiere Blvd
R2J 0T9 Between 12:00 AM and 11:30 PM
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!