Catalyst Changers Inc based in Sarnia, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Labourer, petroleum refinery. Catalyst Changers Inc is a dynamic company specializing in catalyzing positive change within organizations. Focused on organizational development and leadership training, the company provides innovative solutions to enhance workplace dynamics and effectiveness. The candidates selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Catalyst Changers Inc
Position: Labourer, petroleum refinery
No of Vacancies: 39
Salary: $28.00 to $33.00 hourly (To be negotiated) for 40 to 84 hours per week
Employment Type: Seasonal employment Full time
Location: Sherwood Park, A & B Sarnia, ON
Shifts: Day, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours
Transportation information: Own transportation, public transportation is not available
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: Candidates should have experience of 1 to less than 2 years
Area of specialization: Material handling
Equipment and machinery experience: Screening equipment, reactors, jackhammer, and gas detecting devices
Type of industry experience: Petrochemical industry, and refinery and gas plant
Own tools/equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
Credentials: Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate, Confined Space Entry Training, Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate, Fall Arrest Protection Training Course, Working at Heights Training, and Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA) Basic Safety Orientation (BSO)
Security and safety: Driving record check (abstract) and drug test
- The candidates should have experience in a petroleum and natural gas processing company and be familiar with working in an oil refinery and petrochemical plant
- The candidates should have expertise in a chemical processing plant and be experienced in an agricultural chemical processing plant
- The candidates should be prepared for repetitive tasks, capable of handling heavy loads, and ready for physically demanding work
- The candidates should demonstrate manual dexterity, possess attention to detail, and exhibit effective hand-eye coordination
- The candidates should be comfortable with a combination of sitting, standing, and walking, and be able to stand for extended periods
- The candidates should be accustomed to a fast-paced environment, have 20/20 vision, and be comfortable with bending, crouching, and kneeling
- The candidates should be able to handle weights up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- The candidates should possess efficient interpersonal skills and exhibit flexibility in their approach
- The candidates should perform tasks with accuracy and be team players
- The candidates should have excellent oral communication skills and demonstrate dependability
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary foreign workers of Canada are eligible for this position
- International Candidates who don’t have a valid Canadian work permit also can apply
- The candidates should be able to move, sort, and pile materials and products, as well as assist in the operation, repair, and maintenance
- The candidates should be able to perform general laboring duties, wear and use Self-Contained Breathing
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer (along with your resume, cover letter, references attesting experience, and proof of the requested certifications) through the below-mentioned details
Be prepared for the screening questions. Include answering the following questions while applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!