Symmetric Machining Ltd. based in Langley, BC is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Machinist, CNC (computer numerical control). Symmetric Machining Ltd. was established on 1979. We are specializes in precision CNC and manual machining of custom parts for manufacturers in the forestry, oil and gas, and marine industries across Canada and the USA. We are a one stop shop for all your machining service needs, providing precision machining to tight tolerances to desired finishes and coatings. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Symmetric Machining Ltd.
Position: Machinist, CNC (computer numerical control)
No of Vacancies: 1
Salary: $32.00 to $37.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 272nd. Street and Gloucester, Langley, BC, V4W 4A1
Work setting: General manufacturing
Weight handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Own tools/equipment: Candidates should have tools and steel-toed safety boots
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language
Education: Candidates need standard educational qualifications such as a Other trades certificate or diploma or equivalent experience and Computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinist technology/CNC machinist
Experience: Candidates need experience of 3 years to less than 5 years
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses: Candidates must have Machinist Trade Certification and Machinist Red Seal Endorsment
Measuring tools: Micrometers, Callipers and Gauges
- The candidate should be able to work in fast-paced environment, work overtime, maintain tight deadlines, perform repetitive tasks, pay attention to detail and also stand for extended periods
- The candidate should be physically strong
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible environment and also take initiative
- The candidate should be dependable and also a team player
- The candidate should have accuracy, efficient interpersonal skills and also excellent oral communication
- The candidate should have experience of equipment and machinery like Automatic lathes, Computer numerical control (CNC) machines, Drill presses, Milling machines, Sawing machine, Surface grinders and also Tool grinders
- The candidate should be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables, compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces, fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance and also document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
- The candidate should be able to set up and adjust production machineries/tools and also set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- The candidate should be able to maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments and also maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports
- The candidate should be able to verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers) and also verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- The employees get dental plan, health care plan, disability benefits, paramedical services coverage
and vision care benefits
- The employees get group insurance benefits
- The employees get free parking availability
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email or fax(along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!