Pioneer Meat LTD based in Altona, MB is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of a Meat cutter – meat packing plant. Farmer’s sausage may appear to be an odd thing to be passionate about, but it is. Everything we do is dedicated to providing the best possible experience for our customers. We provide a delectable product that is fresh, pure, and handcrafted with care. Pioneer Meat has been a tradition in Altona, Manitoba, for over 50 years, and the recipe and process have been painstakingly developed and maintained. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible. The vacancies refer to full-time or Permanent employment. The shifts the candidate has to work are Day, Overtime, and Early Morning.
Employer Name: Pioneer Meat LTD
Position: Meat cutter – meat packing plant
No of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $16.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: 2049 421 Hwy Altona, MBR0G 0B0
Shifts: Day, Overtime, and Early Morning
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualifications such as a high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate, or a diploma
Equipment and Machinery Experience: Stunning devices, Saws, Power cutting tools, Knives, Cleavers
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs), Up to 45 kg (100 lbs), Up to 9 kg (20 lbs), Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
Work Setting: Slaughterhouses, Meat processing, and/or packing plant/establishment
Work Site Environment: Noisy, Odours, Cold/refrigerated
Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation, Public transportation is not available
Work Location Information: Relocation costs not covered by an employer
- The candidate should be able to do repetitive tasks
- The candidate should be able to handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be able to do physically demanding
- The candidate should be able to do manual dexterity
- The candidate should be able to do attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to do hand-eye co-ordination
- The candidate should be able to stand for extended periods
- The candidate should be able to do bending, crouching, kneeling
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should be accurate
- The candidate should be able to slaughter livestock and remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
- The candidate should be able to remove bones from meat
- The candidate should be able to cut beef, lamb, pork, or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing, or packaging
- The employees get a health care plan
- The employees get a dental plan
- The employees get a group insurance benefits
- The employees get a life insurance
- The employees get a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- The employees get a deferred profit-sharing plan (DPSP)
- The employees get free parking available
Farmer’s sausage might seem like a strange thing to be passionate about, but it’s our passion. Everything we do is dedicated to our unwavering focus to create the best possible experience for our customers. We offer a delicious product that is fresh, pure, and made with care. Pioneer Meat has been a tradition in Altona, Manitoba for over 50 years, and we have painstakingly developed and maintained the recipe and process. Even though the business has grown, what hasn’t changed are the recipes and principles.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email, mail, or In-person(along with your resume, References attesting experience, and be prepared for the screening questions) through below mentioned details.
2049 421 Hwy
R0G 0B0 Between 07:00 AM and 03:30 PM
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!