Sofina Foods Inc. based in Mississauga, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Meat Packager. Sofina Foods Inc. is known as entrepreneurial and disciplined in our creation of delicious possibilities for our customers. We are known to be driven by the unique culture and core values of Integrity, Respect and Accountability. We have a vision to be the most successful food company in the world, we ensure that our practices of today are mindful of tomorrow. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Sofina Foods Inc.
Position: Meat Packager
No of Vacancies: 3
Salary: $19.33 per hour for 40 to 60 hours per week
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Shifts: Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning, Morning
Work Site Environment: Odours, Hot, Cold/refrigerated, Wet/damp
Work Setting: Meat processing and/or packing plant/establishment
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates don’t need experience although having experience is an asset, also training will be provided to the candidates
Security and Safety: Bondable, Criminal record check
Weight Handling: Up to 9 kg (20 lbs), Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
Own Tools/Equipment: Steel-toed safety boots
Jobs for Ukraine
This employer has selected to promote this job through “Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
- The candidate should be able to perform repetitive tasks and work with manual dexterity
- The candidate should be able to work with hand-eye coordination and pay attention to detail
- The candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle heavy loads
- The candidate should be able to work for overtime required and work under pressure
- The candidate should be physically demanding and stand for extended periods
- The candidate should be able to work in a flexible and be someone who can be relied on
- The candidate should be a team player
- The candidate should have food safety/handling skills
- The candidate should be able to transport raw materials, finished products and packaging materials
- The candidate should be able to measure and dump ingredients into hoppers of mixing and grinding machines
- The candidate should be able to feed flattened boxes into forming machines to construct containers also remove filled containers from conveyors
- The candidate should be able to feed and unload processing machines also check products and packaging for basic quality defects
- The candidate should be able to assist process control and machine operators in performing their duties also clean machines and immediate work areas
- The employees get health benefits such as Dental plan, Disability benefits, Health care plan, Paramedical services coverage and Vision care benefits
- The employees get financial benefits as per the collective agreement and bonus
- The employees get long-term benefits such as Group insurance benefits, Life insurance and Pension plans
- The employees get other benefits such as Free parking available, Paid time off (volunteering or personal days) and Parking available
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply directly to the employer by sending an email (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
Be prepared for the screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!