Maple Leaf Food’s based in Mississauga, ON is inviting applications from suitable candidates for the position of Millwright. Maple Leaf Foods is known as Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. Our company is known to make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products. We are working under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. As of now, we have the ability to hatch approximately 900,000 chicks per week. The candidates who will get selected for the vacancy will be required to start the work as soon as possible.
Employer Name: Maple Leaf Food’s
No of Vacancies: To be determined
Salary: Salary is not mentioned by employer. Approximately $15.00 – $21.00 hourly, estimated by Canadian Job Bank
Shift: To be determined
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Mississauga – Drew Rd., ON, Canada
Languages: Candidates must have knowledge of the English Language.
Education: Candidates don’t need standard educational qualification such as high school, bachelor’s degree, a certificate or a diploma
Experience: Candidates having experience is an asset, the details are mentioned below
- The candidate should have the ability to lift up to 50lbs
- The candidate should be passionate about safety and promote a culture where safety comes first and also be able to in an environment that is fast paced and have a keen sense for continuous improvement
- The candidate should have a collaborative approach and also have a valid Ontario Millwright license
- The candidate having an experience within a manufacturing environment is considered an asset
- The candidate must have a full complement of personal and professional hand-tools and also have a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- The candidate should be a strong team player with the ability to work independently and also have safety-consciousness skills
- The candidate should have the basic computer ability couples with strong verbal and written communication skills and also have the knowledge of conveyors, industrial/stationary engines, pumps and compressors, grinders, welding equipment, electrical controls, lathes/machining tools, power tools, fans and blowers
- The candidate should be responsible for maintaining and servicing equipment used within the facility for daily production and also be able to offer a forum where everyone feels comfortable to bring forward new ideas
- The candidate should be able to troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical production equipment under minimal direction and supervision and also assist with installation of new production equipment
- The candidate should be able to enhance equipment performance, recommending and implementing improvements to increase efficiencies and reduce downtime and also operate production equipment to check for optimal performance as required
- The candidate should be able to work from drawings, sketches, and written or verbal instructions and also complete preventative maintenance on all equipment
- The candidate should be able to ensure all job-related operations are compliant with GMPs, HACCP, WHMIS, and health & safety requirements and also work collaboratively with Operations and FSQA teams to deliver winning results and to meet daily production schedules.
- The candidate should be able to perform all other duties as assigned.
How to apply:
If the position is fit for you and the basic requirements are fulfilled then you can now apply (along with your resume) through below mentioned details.
We thank all the applicants for showing their interest and trust in us, however, only the most eligible candidates will be selected and conducted for further procedure directly from employers, in between no charges/fees or original documents will be asked from any applicant. All the best!